Why Not Caring About What Others Think of You Can Improve Your Sanity and Peace

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Endolphins, Oct 22, 2016.

1. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

As soon as you send me the check I'm buying this bad boy with it:

[​IMG]

Gonna jin the top half of it. Wild and wonderful, love Sierra Junipers for their blue foliage.

[​IMG]

DAT BLUE

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  2. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Pewdiepie knows all Mitch. Pewdiepie knows ALL.

3. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

Pewdiepie deals in entertainment.

Youtube is a fantastic platform of information, if you use discernment and critical thinking as with anything, as there is a lot of useless stuff on there as well.

I look at the information and what it has to offer me, not the messenger or the platform used per se. I try not to make assumptions until I've had my proper fill and then come to my own conclusions.

I'm not picky when it comes to exploration.

I actually prefer non-mainstream sources of knowledge and information more than ''official'' government sponsored info for example, as I've personally found that much of the truly empowering information and knowledge in this world has been suppressed and kept from us and often replaced with dogma in many cases, but not all.

The key for me is discernment and if it feels right or resonates with my intuition with a mixture of paper-trail five-sense reality fact and personal experience.

I have my reasons why I research or look at things the way I do.

This is because everyone is different and people learn differently as well and this does not make one better or worse or more inferior or superior than another. I have a friend who likes to read but finds that he learns better visually and with audio. Some learn better kinesthetically. It's just the way it is. Someone once said there are many roads leading to the same place in varying degrees.

The intellect is great in that it can point you in the direction of true Self knowledge but it can only get one so far in my opinion. I feel what may be healthier, at least for me, is a balance of intellect (mind) and intuition (heart) and since I've done that, life has become an adventure for me.

I see everyone else as my equal and see myself as their equal too.

This is because we are all teachers and students and we all have something to offer to each other in many subtle and not so subtle ways.

People, places, experiences, information have come into my life after I let go of my pride and assumption that 'I knew it all' and I just humbled myself, especially after I got my Bachelor of Arts in university, leading me to look at things from different angles.

I found that my true education truly started after school and university and is still ongoing :hat:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I bet you follow the bear too......

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkR0krOm9M4"]Classic Hofmeister lager advert - YouTube[/ame]

5. Dead_pool

The best life advice I've every heard -

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU"]Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy - YouTube[/ame]

6. Dead_pool

What was your BA in?

7. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

Media, Communication and Culture, majored in scriptwriting and trying to get my screenplay made at the moment

Here's crossing fingers it works out :)

8. Dead_pool

Good luck with it!

9. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

That's really cool. I've dabbled in writing a bit too, though only a bit of theatre has seen the light of public viewing.

I've got my fingers crossed for you too :)

10. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

Thanks guys, we may have to go Indie on it, but that's more of my preference anyway lol

11. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I think going too far one way or another is an unbalanced and unhealthy approach.

Having some concern for how you interact with others is not a bad thing. Those that go too far in not caring what others think often have trouble succeeding in relationships, friendships, and work. We are social beings overall and not being able to interact in a healthy manner is not good.

Certainly, being too caught up in what others think is unhealthy too.

Either carried to an extreme is not good or healthy.

Some old saying, sorry I don't know the origin. I will paraphrase. "You are three things, what you think you are, what others think you are, and what you actually are."

12. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

When thinking about those truisms in a dispassionate manner, surely that comes down to how prejudiced your partner is compared to you, doesn't it?

If you're a homophobic racist and your prospective partner is a homophobic racist, then you will get along like the proverbial house on fire according to your saying?

Which I guess is true so it's not really a criticism...

13. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Once I stopped trying to impress others I became much more at peace, less confrontative, succeeded in business beyond my wildest dreams. I've done more in the last 5 years than in the first 50 years...believe in yourself and don't care what others think.

14. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

You just made my day and have inspired me at the same time to better myself. Thank you

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

The phrase I live by..."Don't be a dick".
    I don't always live up to that ideal...I can but try.

16. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

Big up, big up bro :bow1:

17. xCross

xCross New Member

I've learnt that :happiness/peace is not from outside, it comes from within
    This quote is similar Buddhism methods.
    I always try to stay away from others' judgment to me and to other people. That's peace

18. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

I am also learning this myself in my life. Once you exhaust trying to find happiness and joy in the outside word, in people, in places, relationships, status, money etc, you will find it where it was all this time; within yourself

19. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

Unless it's your spouse. Not caring what your spouse thinks of you can get you in serious hot water and destroy any semblance of peace you may be hoping for. :)

20. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

Hahaha, that's why I'm loving my bachelordom mate :p