Biggest match of my life coming up...

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Korpy, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Yes sir!

www.flograppling.com

I will be competing at 7:01pm central/Chicago time.

Great event. It has some truly awesome black belts, with Baret Yoshida headlining.

2. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I'm about to head to the event ya'll.

If you plan on watching, as I said in the last post, I will be on at 7:01pm central/Chicago time. I'll be wearing the beautiful hell hooks rashguard from Meerkatsu. ;)

3. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Could catch it live and can't find a video of the match on flograppling. How did it go?

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

5. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Count *not* catch it live...

6. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

talk about keeping us in suspense!

7. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Sorry for not being active lately! So much happened!

I had a really fun match with my opponent. We both got to play our games. Eventually, we went into the 50/50 position and were both going for heel hooks. I got my major tendon in my ankle torn and had to tap. Easily the worst injury I've had in competition. I was pretty disappointed about losing to that technique as well, but it is one of the most powerful leg attacks in BJJ so it happens.

I rehabbed my ankle. Took it easy, relaxed and got another tattoo (which I've been waiting to get).

Now two weeks ago, I decided to compete again! I wasn't planning on competing till 2017, but I got inspired and will be competing in a submission only tournament here in Chicago. Doing no gi, and for the first time in seven years, I'll be competing in gi.

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Great work. Good going. how bad was the tear?

9. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Pretty bad. I was on crutches for two and a half weeks. I was on bed rest a lot. Now I'm moving around just as normal. Couldn't do anything actually physical for about a month and some change.