The Show Must Go On

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Ero-Sennin, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

What weird stuff have you done to be able to continue a workout because you were missing a piece of equipment, something broke, or the setting just wasn't entirely appropriate?

Recently I found out that the reason bench press has been so painful and awkward was because the ground was uneven under the bench by an inch or so. It wasn't enough to detect just laying on the bench, but under the weight it just always felt like something was off. Four bench press workouts later and I finally figured it out.

I have all my weight equipment at the house and work out in the back yard in the dirt. So now my tamper (a barbaric looking tool used to flatten the ground literally by beating on it with a metal plate stuck to a stick) has become a part of my workout necessities.

2. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Nothing too strange but I remember a period of time when I used I'd be seen standing in the kitchen in my boxers draining about 400000 litres of SuperPump250 from those ubiquitous (if you're UK) sports direct mugs before my workout could even commence.

Then there was the post workout ritual of kicking off my pants and using my foot to scrape them around the floor as a rudimentary sweat mop.

A strong look.

3. Ero-Sennin

So you would just be half naked (assuming you kept your shirt on for humor's sake) scuttling around spreading the sweat around. That's awesome xD

When I was boxing I always felt like the owner cleaned at night time specifically because I was there. I sweat A LOT and pretty much the entire gym had my sweat everywhere. I almost felt like I was creating a danger for everyone else because he had foam rubber mats. There was a couple times I even slipped and fell in my own sweat. :cry:

4. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Yeah let's say half dressed just to save everyone the mental image :p

To be honest I leak like a broken tap as soon as my body gets the smallest measurable increment above homeostasis... In usually dripping after a light warm-up even though I still feel daisy fresh. Used to be a real help in no-gi, mind. Slllllllllliiiiiiide right out of that armbar!

5. Ero-Sennin

Oh my god, let me break the Crisco out. I had the exact same experience doing nogi xD.