Hitting a women in self defence?

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Yukimushu, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Here's where I'm going to regret asking what role you had in mind.

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Because that's the first real person picture you've ever posted, that is forever burned into my mind for how you look. I hope you're happy with the face you're making Gammowok!

Excuses are what occurs when somebody puts in a lack of effort to try and accomplish something, and then try to make up a reason why they failed at doing it rather than admitting their lack of effort. I had a REASON, not an excuse! :woo:

Hmm, I lived (and live in now, again) Florida when I did BJJ/MMA in a community building we shared with multiple groups of people. I never got any rashes or ring worm or anything disgusting beyond other people's hair in my mouth. I wonder how often people get ringworm? Do people not shower regularly in other parts of the world, or sanitize their equipment :confused:. Bunch of nastys.

3. Ero-Sennin

Hey man, sometimes you have to reframe events instead of focusing on the negative. Regardless of where the hair came from, just remember that because you got it in your mouth you don't have to waste time flossing your teeth later that night. It's a real time saver!

Also same to you if you're ever in Florida, just remember to bring your own Crisco! :love:

4. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Yep. It happened to me, too, after I became a father. :eek: :whistle:

5. Rated Red

Rated Red ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Supporter

Stop making excuses for your reason for your excuse. My brain has turned into mush. I can't even remember how this started now so I'm just talking jibber jabber haha

Um, that is me.

Me as a child:
    [​IMG]

See the resemblance? Same facial expression. I wear it 24/7.

I hope I haunt you in your sleeping quarters in the Millennium Falcon now.

Not sure about ringworm? Smitfire mentioned it. Could it be that if you're doing a double session you're more susceptible to catching it because people don't shower after their first session and mats are still covered in first session sweat? What a charming topic to discuss lol.

6. Ero-Sennin

All I have is heavy breathing when I look at that picture 0_0

That followed by HOLD THE DOOR!!!!

Well, I'm pretty confident to say that Smitfire is a Britishen so that would explain a lot of context for the ringworm. Those dirty Britishens WERE responsible for the Black Plague and a number of other diseases. So if you're a Britishen, expect many worms upon your body and farts in your face :wow:

In all seriousness though, the instructor should be ensuring the matts are cleaned prior to every training session. I've never been to a place where this isn't a common occurrence but I have seen a few threads here on MAP where it was a problem discussed. Also as an honorable mention if you (when you) start doing BJJ, be a gem and cut your finger and toe nails short! You only have to be a clawed Gammawok here on MAP, and it's never fun getting raked with toe talons ::tear::. Cleaning the fungus out is optional. :D

7. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

If a woman wants to hit you first, of course defend yourself. No reason not to, it'd be nice to have witnesses around in case she accuses you of assault...

8. slasha

slasha Banned Banned

if your cockney you can just slap her, but not hard