Kickboxing and weight training at gym

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by S-K-K, May 1, 2016.

1. S-K-K

S-K-K New Member

Not the K1 but, American Kickboxing

2. S-K-K

S-K-K New Member

Sorry my fraid, this is not how kickboxing training routines work. When your trainer is going to be there, for the group/party you train in then you have to train. In strength training you can go one week off. But, kickboxing is different

3. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I'm a full contact kickboxing coach, it's not the army, if you're not fighting in the next 8 weeks you can do what you want.

4. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

When someone asks you how many days do you train a week, you should ask him, "how many times do you train a day?" :)

When I

- was a student, I used to train 6 days a week. 3 hours each.
    - was a student during summer season, I used to train 6 days a week. 6 hours each. That was the toughest training I had in my life.
    - worked my full time job, I used to train 3 times a day (1 hour morning before work, 1 hour during lunch time, 2 hours after work), 6 days a week.
    - retired, I train 5 times a week, 3 hours each. I had tried to train 6 days a week but I was too tired.

There are just too many things that I want to train.

- MA training,
    - weight training,
    - long distance running.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  5. S-K-K

S-K-K New Member

If you train that much your body needs to charge up. Means you need to take bed rest. With so many hours training and 6 days a week is a lot. And, as I mentioned earlier you will end up being tired.

6. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

The feeling is funny.

- Before the daily workout, I feel lazy.
    - During the work out, I feel I'm changing from lazy to not too lazy then to excited.
    - After the workout, I feel great.

Next day, the same feeling will repeat. As long as I can look forward to "the great feeling after workout", I will always have enough motivation to start my daily training.

7. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

As YouKnowWho has just given you his training habits for the last 40-50 years I think he knows better than you the longevity of his training regime.

8. S-K-K

S-K-K New Member

I feel exact same but, I feel tired too.

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Because you aren't eating or sleeping enough

You came here for advice because you are new... So what on earth makes you think you know more than people who have been doing this longer you have been alive?

10. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

I once ran 10 miles and then taught 2 and half hour MA class afterward. The reward was I could sleep well that night. My MA teacher gave me a herb wine formula. Every night I just drink a small cup, next morning I'll feel fresh again.

I'm 9 years older than my wife. I have promised her that I will die after her so she will not have to deal with my death. I still train hard at my old age just because I try to keep my promise and I try to live longer. My long fist teacher just had his 90 years old birthday. I still have a long way to go. :)

http://ymaa.com/articles/grandmaster-li-mao-ching

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  11. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Only if your group is so small it depends on every member being there for its survival, in which case just cycle your strength training, and sleep more.