Dutchman reintroduces himself

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Antonius, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Antonius

Antonius Valued Member

I joined 12-mar-2011 but never used this account.

My first introduction:

A lot of stuff has happened. I no longer do krav maga. After 3.5 years it got a bit boring. Good stuff but a bit too simple to remain interesting. But from time to time I still practice the techniques and Ive had a seminar last weekend becauseI dont want to lose what I've learned.

Currently I am a red stripe in WTF Taekwondo. About 2 years ago I took a 6 month break from TKD to do Kickboxing. Mainly for leg kick defense and handtechniques. And this year while my Dojang was closed for summer holidays I took classes in Taiji and Wudang kung fu.

Other seminars and classes I have attended: boxing, sanda, aikido, hapkido, kobudo, ninjutsu, JJJ, BJJ, judo, luta livre and ving tsun.

I want to try out as much as possible since I started so late (29) with martial arts. TKD is my main but Im going to add either judo or JJJ this month to fill in the grappling gap.

Hopefully this time Ill be a bit more active on this forum :)

2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Welcome! I too joined, but didn't use this account for many years.

3. Antonius

Antonius Valued Member

Thanks! Just posted something in the taiji section :)

4. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

Welcome Antonius. 29 is not late to start martial Arts stuff! I started in my teens but gave it up years ago and started back seriously 3 1/2 years ago at 44.

Sounds like you are covering a bit of everything!

5. Antonius

Antonius Valued Member

Thanks. Yeah I want to go for the allround approach.

Sure, better late than never, but I wonder what I couldve accomplished if I started out earlier. Damn you Playstation for stealing my youth! :mad:

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

hello there! :D

7. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

Bah, not too late man. I'v been on and off in MAs, mostly off these days because of work, family and life in general. Get what you can in when you can. It all counts for something.

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Welcome aboard the crazy train :)

9. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Welcome! :)

10. Antonius

Antonius Valued Member

Thanks everybody :)