Silat in Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Guitar Nado, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

Does anyone know a good Silat school/instructor in Amsterdam? I will likely be there for a few months soon.

2. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

3. Guitar Nado

Thanks for this! I looked it over, and it looks like the gym where the classes are taught out of teaches several other MA styles besides Silat, and there is Silat 2 X per week so this is good.

4. taoizt

taoizt Valued Member

There are a number of styles of silat in Amsterdam:

- Silek Tuo Minang (Bob van Dolderen)
    - Setia Hati Anoman (Louis Fraanje)
    - Tapak Suci
    - Panglipur (if i'm correct it's still Martin Markus)
    - Pamor Badai
    - Satria Muda (in Hoofddorp near Amsterdam)

5. Guitar Nado

Thanks Taoizt - you have given me a lot of stuff to look over - and I have been googling and youtubing it a bit.

thanks for your help!

6. Guitar Nado

Did about a 90 minute class of Panglipur Silat today. I was pretty impressed by it. I will try to make this a regular thing and try to pick up some Silat to remember and take home with me.

7. taoizt

taoizt Valued Member

This group has a pretty direct link with Cecep Arif Rahman. The villain from the movie blockbuster 'The Raid' (part 1 and 2). A very skilled pesilat and also a very nice guy in reality!
    If you are in the neighbourhood of Rotterdam, just send me a message and you can join in our Bukti Negara class.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  8. Ben Gash CLF

One of the big advantages for you with the Panglipur in that regard is Rahman has a lot of DVDs out.

9. taoizt

taoizt Valued Member

Never been a fan of DVD's but yeah, it can help when there is not a lot in the neighbourhood.

10. Ben Gash CLF

But also if he wants reference material for what he's already learned.

11. haidarfarhan

haidarfarhan Valued Member

Silat Merpati Putih in Den Haag

https://www.facebook.com/merpatiputih.nederland

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL0rZdRyMkI"]Pencak Silat Seni Festival Den Haag 2013: Merpati Putih Leiden - YouTube[/ame]