Precious Gift Taken For Granted

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by 47MartialMan, Feb 9, 2015.

1. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Yes. Left eye-one procedure, the right eye-one procedure, back to the left eye for a second procedure, then the right for a second, and the left might get a third, but not the right. All in time/healing lapse

I am still worried. I do not "sit still" when something is coming at my face, let alone up close near my eyes

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

3. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Oh, I'm the same way. The wife always thinks I've lost my mind whenever she give me eye drops for all the spasms I go into whenever the dropper gets close, lol. I tell her to just flood the closed lid and some 'll leak in.

I'm sure they'll sedate you for it, so I wouldna worry too much.

4. 47MartialMan

Wow. My wife has to give me drops also.. Anytime I try to do it myself, my brain picks up when my hand is squeezing the bottle and my eye realizes it is coming, in split second it blinks. Then the drops run down the sides. She also gets annoyed on how much eye drop fluid she uses trying to get some in

My wife says she cannot understand a person who used to work on a farm and handle cattle, used to hunt, loves shooting guns at targets, gets pounded in martial arts, shakes off other injuries, how I "spas out" when it comes to eye drops

5. belltoller

Ever sit through the part of the eye exam where they shoot a puff of air into your eyeball? That'ns a hoot, innit? After going through two straight-jakets and a premium brand of manacles, they decided I were not the ideal candidate for contacts, lol.

6. 47MartialMan

Unfortunately, the expense of multiple eye surgeries will prevent me from having my trip to Japan this year

7. belltoller

Did they give you a rough idea how long the whole process (all the surgeries plus intermediate healing time) would take?

8. 47MartialMan

First one is tomorrow-I'll get more info then

I am extremely apprehensive

9. belltoller

Good luck, Martial Man.

10. 47MartialMan

First one is done, in to weeks another

The doctor kept telling me to keep still...yeah right

11. KarateMum

KarateMum Valued Member

47MartialMan, poor you - what you have been through is one of my nightmare scenarios. I struggle to sit in the dentists chair for 5 minutes for a minor filling, let alone allow medics loose on me in a hospital. To let someone do that whilst I am awake I don't think I'd be able to do. Respect to you and I hope it all works out well in the finish.

12. 47MartialMan

Thanks everyone for your support

Update:

I have in each eye:
    *Diabetic Retinopathy - Many laser eye surgeries to cauterize blood vessels that leak blood into the retina....*Procedures complete

*Macular Degeneration - Have and need many injections

*Cataracts - Still have to be removed. Cannot be cleared for this until injections are no longer needed

13. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Hope all goes well mate! Fingers crossed!

LFD

14. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Good luck with further procedures.

15. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Good luck!

If its any help ive known people who have been treated with lucentis and have made remarkable progress!

16. 47MartialMan

Going into surgery tomorrow afternoon...having anxiety issues

17. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

Good luck to you. Hope all goes well!

18. 47MartialMan

Surgery went well.

Belltoller: It was painless and less light than a routine eye examine. The surgery took less than 30 minutes. It took me longer to check in, get prepped

In one month, the next eye...same thing

19. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Hoping all continues to go well!

I too have trouble sitting still for eye things. I can't imagine sitting still for a surgery. That little air poof test. They gave up on giving it to me last time. I tried to do what they said. but my body just couldn't do it.

20. belltoller

Thats good to hear. Are you able to see right off? Are you still having to have the treatments as well?