sainsburys basics

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by zombiekicker, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Right people , I did judo as a kid, nice jutsu a while ago, then. Bit of jkd. I can kick and punch the bagpuss out of my freestanding Punchbag, I do cardio , HIIT, strength training etc, is.it possible since the chance of being attacked is .00000000000009% can I just train at home alone, cos I know I can take a punch and dish one out, have decent locking, evasion skills.

2. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

I am obviously joking before the razor rain hits me

3. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

So, I don't get the point of this thread??

4. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Too much wine sir , actually though, say I couldn't afford to train, training everything possible at home would still be better than nothing? I'm answering my own questions, oh dear

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

So are we done here, or are you actually looking for something from this thread?

6. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Ok, if I honestly couldn't afford to train, would doing what I've learnt improve me or keep me at same level?

7. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

This is linked to my ninjutsu instructor leaving Buj at 4th Dan then starting his own dojo in the 80's, so he has learnt nothing new since then, not that I'm saying I'm on par with that but the principle is the same, I don't know if normski is still around but I spoke to him on Facebook and told me the instructor shouldn't be teaching

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I prefer Morrisons myself.

9. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

The day they took meatballs of the pick your own pizza toppings and the fact I put 30 quid of petrol in our diesel car , they are dead to me

10. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Sorry to hear that you are off the wagon again.:( That is not good news at all.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but most if the time people say they can't afford to train, they really can- but pick other priorities. This has been my experience from past conversations. So forgive me, but I honestly doubt you actually can't afford to get instruction if you really wanted to and prioritized it.

11. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Just a little slip up mate , I know I gotta Jack it in, but I've decided I've got to have a drink now and then, I've done my research and some alcoholics are better off just cutting down , instead of a bottle of Jim beam and six beers a night it's now a bottle of wine and 3 beers, and am stopping because I can't afford it

12. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

You do realize you have been telling MAP that you are going to stop drinking for the last several months?

No, I am no counselor, but please don't make excuses here. I am not going to be complicit and pretend this is ok. The only one getting fooled by excuses (like research saying it is better to keep drinking) is yourself. If you have "GOT TO" have a drink, you actually should seek assistance IMO.

I am not judging you, but I am not going to be complicit in your self admitted problem here.

A bottle of wine and 3 beers a night is still a lot of drinking. I would talk again about priorities. That kind of money spent on drinking could go towards training. But I actually hope you prioritize quitting your issue with alcohol over training. That is more important than martial arts training.

Best wishes to you.

13. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Yep, I've heard that too. Funny how its always from alcoholics on a downward spiral.

The best self defence training for an alcoholic is sobriety.

14. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Erm if you see my activity on here I wasn't on for ages, I didn't drink for five months sorry to be pedantic

15. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

I tell you what ill stop whinging now and just post training logs, recipes etc and I'm being serious not sarcastic since typed internet always gets misconstrued

16. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

If you can afford to get drunk on wine, you can afford to train.

17. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

It was 2 quid in France, seems there's no 2 quid classes near me :)

18. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Too true, if only it were so easy :)

19. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Now while it's easy to be judgemental on the internet two things leap out here.

1. You had to pay to travel to and from France
    2. Your friends bought you alcohol

Now if you paid to travel to France and can't then afford to pay for training that's fine.

Training gives way to travel experiences and that is how you enjoy yourself.

You can't then moan you can't afford to train.

It does seem that you were training when there was a class close by.

As for the alcohol if you bought it yourself seek help.

If your friends or family got it for you, then disown them.

20. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Simon I don't want to mention my problems anymore it's boring for you lot as much for me ill post recipes, music, logs etc :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.