Muay Thai Check-In

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by texas doc, Mar 9, 2006.

1. texas doc

texas doc Valued Member

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Muay Thai introductions thread.
    Just come say "hi", write what kind of Muay Thai you study, where, for how long, any special interest, and anything else you would like to share.
    Please note:
    1. do not write full names (pretty unsafe on the internet) or contact information (let's try to make it hard for the spammers).
    2. refrain from the "my style is better than yours" dialogs and from politics - if possible.

Thank you

Since I am always the last one to reply to the introductions threads, this time I'll go first:
    I am a student and instructor of Muay Thai Boran, associated with the IMBA, been practicing for 11 years now.

2. Jenny9973

Jenny9973 Valued Member

Hi there. I do muay thai boxing and have been doing it for just over 2 years. I have had 2 fights and hope to have another next month on my return from Thailand. I am going there to train for a few weeks. :)

3. annabee

annabee New Member

Hiya

I do Muay Thai, but cross-train with boxing as I really do feel the punches are what let Muay Thai down. Off and on I would do kickboxing or a bit of Thai, but never stuck with it long enough to progress - a few weeks, a couple of months here and there, with large gaps in between. Just over a year ago now, I finally pulled my finger out and 'committed' (wow, I feel like I'm talking about a religion here :Angel: ) to Muay Thai.

I've not been putting in as much effort as I could be; 2006 is the year I'm really going to focus on this. I attend a gym more geared to ninjutsu, mma etc. but am working up the courage to get myself down to a more Thai-focused place (with a very hard-working reputation... hence the need for working up courage!) and add in a couple of sessions a week there.

A

4. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

been doing muay thai for about 3 years, a year or so under my current coach. a few interclub fights, but the fights ive had set up at events have all fallen through so far. cross train (sort of) in boxing, our coach is an ex boxer and trains the tongan olympic boxing team (is traning them for the commonwealth games atm) so that helps to supplement our muay thai

5. SCP_Kensei

SCP_Kensei www.taintedlover.com

Hey, My name's Ken and I'm an alcoholic......

Oops wrong Forum.

I've been training in MT for 10 months now, and I should be having my first fight in May (if i'm ready), i'm off to Thailand in June so if i'm not ready for May I'll be ready when I get back in July.

I'm 27, 230lbs and I cross train a LOT. muay Thai is one of 4 main martial Arts I study at Phoenix MMA in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

Muay Thai
    Jeet Kune Do
    Kickboxing (Phoenix System)
    Kali (Phoenix Blend, but also IKAEF system)

I'm hoping to be able to blend Panantukan and Sikaran into My MT when I fight, it's been servinmg me well for sparring but i dont know what it'll be like in the real thing.

6. Wilson

Wilson Valued Member

sup?

well i would like to say i do Muay Thai for 1 day so far, the same goes for MMA and i cannot wait until my next class!

peace

7. annabee

annabee New Member

Hola SCP_Kensei - up with the Toon!
    :D

8. Mister_Ball

Mister_Ball Just your average guy

Hello, Been going with my brother for about4/5 months now BUT i kept getting ill so we have only actualy trained for about 2 of those months .. . . which is really crap because its great. We go to a place called Toddy's martial arts just outside of Edinburgh and intend to keep going for quite some time, maby even one day go in the ring.

9. Maverick

Maverick New Member

I've been doing MT seriously for a few months, but on and off for a good while before that, with JKD and traditional boxing.

10. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

Hi,
    here I am.
    I practice Muay Thai and Muay Boran (see my signature), and I love it.
    I live in Italy and I'm almost 32.
    If you wanna exchange two words on MSN, my contact is right there!
    See ya!

11. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Allo everyone.

Strange the Muay Thai forum never had one of these friends till so recently! Anyway I've been training in Muay Thai for just over a year now I train in Frank Mc Conville's gym in Belfast and with Jason Kelly at my university in London. Got injured for about 2 months when I ruptured my quadriceps at training which was not nice and Im not ready to compete yet but am hoping to get over to Thailand next summer to train for 2 months so hopefully by then things will have fallen into place a little more.

Oh aye and seeing as people seem to be mentioning it, I'm 22 and in case you hadn't guessed live in London/Belfast and hopefully Japan this summer :).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  12. texas doc

texas doc Valued Member

Razorkaine, say HI to Marco then!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  13. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

De Cesaris? Too bad, he lives/teach in Rome... very far. But I never know, sometimes some Stage in Rome, etc. and I'll know him personally.
    I hope so!

14. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Just got back from Wembley arena ...MT WBC fights ...awesome skills ...well hard fighters ..

First visit to MT comp excellent.. :woo:

15. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

I was there too Alansmurf was a great event! Pity about the constant breaks and the stupid fight in the crowd at the end. Spoiled what was otherwise a great event... though I think JWP should have won!!!

16. Tri

Tri New Member

I'm Tri , And I'm currently crosstraining in Muay Thai and Capoeira.

I started MT 2 weeks ago and been doind capoeira for a month, hope to gain me own style of fighting :)

17. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

The idiots in the crowd were right in front of us....kinda ruined the main fight...but thats life ...

god elbows in the last fight !!! :Angel:

18. BigBadBooth

BigBadBooth New Member

Hi everyone! Just started Muay Thai and loving it. Can't wait till i can get some fights under my belt!

Done some kickboxing before and a bit of Judo, but tyhe Muay Thai i go to is the hardest training i've done so far, and i like being able to knee people. Too bad they don't teach much headbutting stuff tho :p

19. ironfoot

ironfoot New Member

Ive train under Black Dragon. 7-10 hrs a day for 3 years. One full time thai instructor and one full time kung fu. I taught them english and they literally taught me to kill. I later learned that if I use what I know, I will go to prison. There wasn't a ranking system other than being told I was number 1.
    My conditioning came from fighting and a bag filled with rocks and dirt. I am currently restarting my training. But this time with more maturity and self control. I was taught exactly how my instructor was taught. He taught me all he knows and we parted ways.

mauy thai
    kung fu
    grappling
    wrestling
    street fighting

More than 200 fights and no loses, not bragging, they were all bullys and jerks. I just wouldn't let them beat up people who couldnt defend themselves.

20. Slihn

Slihn New Member

Hi, I have been practicing Traditional/Mordern Muay Thai at the Wu-te school (Germnay) for about a year and a half. The very first day I walked into the gym I feel in love with the art.It is no elegently brutal in such a beautiful fashion.IN the past I have studied other styles(Jujitsu,Taijitsu and some free style pit fighting) ;although I have not forgotten their teachings;Muay Thai is now my base style and all other arts stem from it. I have not had any(Muay Thai) fights yet but I am training vigoursly to prepare for an up coming bout.Well, good training!