Finding a dojo or shibu

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu Resources' started by Brad Ellin, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Hello everyone! This is directed primarily at newbies posting here, but can also be used as a reference for the rest of us.
    A lot of folks post here asking for the location of a dojo near them. While I would like to help, I'm starting to sound like a broken record. Therefore, I'm going to start directing all inquiries to this post.
    Here are the links to the 3 main directories if you have any more, feel free to post them. Please, do not repost these 3. It gets confusing to send someone to the first 3 and then all you do is repost them and they go back.
    Some suggestions: Alot dojos make it intentionally hard to find them or get into class. This is to discourage wannabes and "Hollywood Ninjas". If you are sincere about wanting to train, persevere and you will succeed. If you do not find one on the directories listed, locate the nearest one to you and write or email or call. Ask if they can direct you to one closer. If not a dojo then maybe a shibu (training group). Most shibus operate under the direction of a Shidoshi, so while you may not have one there all the time, you'll still get the practice and training in for when you can get to a regular dojo.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  2. sshh

sshh Not Talking Anymore

3. VcElder

VcElder New Member

Hey sshh:) I wouldnt suppose you happen to have an idea about the Bujinkan dojo in tampa? I attempted to email them with the addresst that they have here,
    http://www.geocities.com/bujinkan_tenshin/about.htm
    But hotmail says that it is not a valid email site? pherhaps you know something?

4. sshh

sshh Not Talking Anymore

5. VcElder

VcElder New Member

I have emailed that address thanks! It would of helped before If I actually LOOKED at the website you posted before opening the trap. Thanks:p

6. VcElder

VcElder New Member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
  7. Darkthrone

Darkthrone New Member

8. dasninjasls

dasninjasls New Member

newbie to this and all message boards

wutup everyone...ive been active in martial arts for a good part of my life but now im tryin to find a ninjitsu school...my perole officer tried to find me one and she said the closest one was in california....i dont believe her and i was wonderin if one of u could help me locate one...i live in jersey....ne and all help would b appreciated...thanx :bang:

9. dasninjasls

dasninjasls New Member

was wut u posted darkthrone to me or sum1 else?

10. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

If you read the first post , you would get this link.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showpost.php?p=211348&postcount=10

These are links to pages that have Ninjutsu Dojos

11. Darkthrone

Darkthrone New Member

It was just a general link for anyone wanting to find a Bujinkan dojo, just adding to the list.

12. NYANINJA

NYANINJA New Member

what part of jersey you from, dasninjasls?

13. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

But am I not right in thinking if he is on parole he may not be accepted as a Bujinkan member?

14. NYANINJA

NYANINJA New Member

it seems that he will probably not be accepted into the Bujinkan, here's one of the grandmaster's guidelines for joining the Bujinkan:

3. Individuals with criminal records shall be turned away. Trouble makers, those who commit crimes, and those living in Japan who break domestic laws shall be turned away.

I got this from www.bujinkan.com

15. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

For the most part, that is correct, he would be turned away from the Bujinkan. But, it also depends on the circumstances. In the end, it would be up to the instructor running the dojo. But, you would have to be honest-the why and what. Lie or conceal the truth and find yourself out the door.

16. David Field

David Field New Member

Ninjutsu in Gloucestershire

Hello

My name is Dave, I am looking for a place to train in Gloucestershire. Can anyone forward me details or PM local locations instructors to choose and those not too. I'm forty now so i do not really want to waste time finding all the bad ones and so called 'McDojo' as referred to on martial art forums.

you help would be appreciated.

Dave

17. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Dave,

I am training with the glouscester guys this saturday, pm me your email address and i will give it to them otherwise look for the wisemonkey dojo.

Regards

Greg

18. David Field

David Field New Member

thanks!

Found it on the web! seems like a fun guy, and a fun art!.

i've sent him an e-mail for infomation. cheers.

Dave

19. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

Hope you guys have fun and please send Gary and the guys all my best regards.

Iain.

20. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Politics mate, i dont think Iain would run down Gary's club intentionally, the budo warriors are a big club and it depends what you want, we get Norman Smithers Judan Kagyo to come up to us and we follow him around and go down to his place a lot, we dont make any money (yet! :D ) but thats not the point for us, its about the quality of our training, Norman benefits no way finacially in teaching us, he is just a really good bloke and a good mate, (even my wife likes him and she hates my training!! :D )

Go with Gary he is a good bloke and you can come over to us when he comes up, i enjoed training at the weekend with him, he is very knowledgable!

Regards

Greg

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005