kuji kiri and breathing skills

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by bijan.gh, Oct 28, 2016.

1. bijan.gh

bijan.gh Valued Member

anybody test kuji kiri and breathing skills ?
    then whats happened ? i have to train it every day or when i need it.
    i need to discussion more about that,
    its very important for step up, in ninjutsu .

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Are you a Buddhist?

3. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Test it? How would you suggest it can be "tested"

What is your experience of these things?

4. bijan.gh

bijan.gh Valued Member

Nop ! im a ninja !
    but i know that trainings have scientific base, im a doctor, and i know that skills can influence our body.
    but i need a person have tested and experienced new effects,and healings.
    whats your idea ?

5. bijan.gh

bijan.gh Valued Member

hello my friend,
    its all breathing techniques, and everybody can test it.
    and it have a scientific base, that need every day training and we need a man that 1-2 year train that and share his experience about its healing and pains.
    im not have personal experience, im only in first step,and it take daily 1-1:30 Hour :( thats lot of time for me :( and i needed to warranty it for my life time !
    whats your idea about that ?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  6. gapjumper

Oh well, sounds like you have it under control then....crack on.

Where do you train, who is your instructor?

7. gapjumper

I was honestly interested in your ideas how these things could be tested?

You did ask originally. So what test do you feel appropriate?

8. bijan.gh

bijan.gh Valued Member

That is my problem,I dont have any instructor :(
    Thats because few peoples train this skills and few peoples know about that.
    I opened this title for gathering peoples that testing this skills.

9. bijan.gh

bijan.gh Valued Member

First tell me, what art you training? Ninjutsu?
    I suggest you to download secrets of the ninja book and read "Kuji Kiri (Nine Cuts) Breathing Exercises" section.

10. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

bijan.gh, please write a summary of what this breathing exercise involves.

You'll get a little more feedback if you write an explanation, rather than asking everyone to download and read an e-book.

Maybe look for a decent You Tube video and post that here.

Thank you.

Simon.

11. garth

garth Valued Member

I don't think this person is a medical doctor as he says he is.

If he was he would know about how testing is carried out in a scientific way and not just having a man who can tell us over a period of 1 to 2 years if he has any experiences in regard to healing and pain.

and I guess the book he means is http://nightops.net/doc/books/Secrets of the Ninja.pdf published by the Iga Ueno Ninja museum.

12. bijan.gh

bijan.gh Valued Member

ok, thank you for your point.
    the feedback :
    ''The Koga Ninja have employed various mystical methods to channel and utilize the inner energies of the mind and body. Less than ten percent of one's inner potential is used by the average person. In extreme situations, however, even common, untrained people may accidentally tap these hidden reserves and perform amazing feats of strength, concentration and sheer force of will. The Ninja have developed systematic ways to invoke such abilities and more. This is not, as some claim, a religion or sorcery, but a proven approach to connecting oneself with the physical and psychic forces within.'' (p(4)-ninja power of the mind,Grandmaster Toshitora Yamashiro)

''In the classical presentation of the Longevity Exercise, the student is instructed at this point to exhale completely and hold the lungs empty for as long as comfortable. This is analogus to "running the carburetor lean" on an automobile and is designed to burn off toxins and impurities that may have accumulated in the lungs during normal respiration. One should
    never strain or overexert when performing these techniques. Most people can only hold this exhalation for a few seconds. Beginners are advised to remain at this level for at least 30 days.
    That a direct relation exists between the breath and the heart rate must be obvious. The following practices are known collectively as Qi Gong (Chi Kung) Qi meaning breath, and Gong meaning pause. Literally, Qi Gong translates as a cessation or pause in the movement of the breath. This is accomplished in three ways: by hypoventilation (holding the breath); hyperventilation (oxygen saturation); and by balanced breathing.
    Hypoventilation makes the blood more acidic by diminishing the amount of oxygen in the blood. It is characterized by a sensation of heat which floods over the body. This also causes the heart to beat faster as it strives to restore the proper pH balance of the blood by circulating it more quickly. Hyperventilation is characterized by a chill feeling of cold, which permeates the body.
    It causes the blood to become more alkaline by altering the system with large amounts of oxygen. This makes the heart beat slower. Proper or Balanced Breathing produces a sensation
    of calmness and relaxation.
    There are three major "centers of power" in the human body. The Sacral Pump, the Heart Pump, and the Cranial Pump. The first, at the base of the spine, is activated by the Lotus posture. The second beats constantly. The third is the tip of the tongue pressing, in harmony with the pulse, against the roof of the mouth. Each of these "centers" is represented by a specific mudra or finger-knitting position. Between these centers are nine "gates" up the spinal column that enable the Ninja to collect Qi in the Hara, cultivate it through the breathing techniques, and elevate it to the Mysterious Chamber of the Mind to achieve enlightenment. Each of these "gates" is represented by a specific mudra. Each requires a specific breathing technique to "open" the associated endocrine gland and allow the Qi to rise.'' (p(12-13) - Secrets of the ninja, Ashida kim)

but i open this topic, for my questions, i have problem with this techniques,
    and i need peoples that experienced in this techniques and i ask they my questions.

thank you.

13. bijan.gh

bijan.gh Valued Member

hello my friend, i know body physiology and respiratory mechanisms,
    and this techniques can influence our body with affection our blood PH,and O2 and carbon dioxide, and all that can influence our health,and diseases.
    if you need any question about our phisiology ask me to tell you.
    i know thats, but point is, when this techniques effectivity is in high level,
    we need a person to experienced complete effect of this training in his health.

now,whats your idea ? you tested this techniques ?

14. bijan.gh

bijan.gh Valued Member

Dear Mr simon, you are an old athletic man,
    did you experienced this breathing techniques ?
    here i have not any instructors to ask and share.

15. Simon

I'm banning anyone that laughs. :cry:

16. bijan.gh

bijan.gh Valued Member

your Martial Art Studied
    Boxing, Filipino Martial Arts, Jeet Kune Do, Kung Fu,
    what material arts you dont studied ? :p
    with this background i tell you a sportman.
    Please share your experiences

17. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

I'd missed these kinds of threads!

But to answer your question, bijan.gh, I think you'll find this resource helpful.

Let me know what you think!

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Tell me you didnt seriously just quote an Aside Kim book????????

He is the second biggest fake in ninja history behind Frank Dux

The kuji are a Buddhist construct, not a ninjutsu one

19. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I doubt anyone on this forum has training in kuji kiri so probably it's difficult to have a discussion about it

The various breathing exercises in the buj are pretty standard stuff that you'll find in many styles and yoga etc. They seem to have some health value

For me the key insight about kuji etc was its value in controlling your emotional state via Pavlovian conditioning

20. Simon

Reminds me of the following joke...

David Beckham goes to the hairdressers wearing a set of headphones & sits in a chair. The stylist walks over & asks him what he wants explaining that he'll need to take his headphones off.

"No, no, I cant", says David, "I must leave them on."

The stylist looks confused but does his best to wash & cut his hair around them. David leaves a happy chap.

A week later the same thing happens again. The same stylist does his best to get David to remove his headphones, but again with no luck. Once more he washes shaves & colours around them as best as possible. David is pleased with his new look.

Another week later David comes back yet again. This time he falls asleep whilst his hair is being cut. So the stylist carefully removes the headphones and carries on with his cut. When he has finished he realises that David is DEAD. "Oh my god," he shouts "I have killed David Beckham."
    Suddenly, remembering what David had said about the headphones he picks them up & puts them on to hear what is being played through them...........
    "Breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out........."