DIY PAD HOLDER?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Tkdfanman, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Tkdfanman

Tkdfanman New Member

Is there a good set of resources for building a pad holder that can hold clapper pads specifically?

I may end up buying on one day, but if i can save money and make something functional then i would rather that route.

Thanks for your time, whoever

2. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

I have made several. They were all to rigid and broke very easy, or to flexible and would not support the pad well

Now I just place a target on one of my bags.

If you are going for accuracy you could try to suspend one from a rope tied to a rafter. I do this with a tennis ball.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  3. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Do you have a punching bag? One thing you can do is place some tape on the target height you're aiming for. A light punching bag can provide movement and offer more of a challenge. Or as Raaeoh said, a tennis ball. Double end bags are also good.

4. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

It's a pretty easy design to make something like this which will last and won't break. the question is whether you have the tools and materials.

Heavy duty bi-directional gate hinge on two 2x4s with a spring run across the hinge on each side. You'll also need some material over the 2x4s and springs to keep the springs from slipping off. You could staple fabric on. A piece of hardwood with a groove chiseled out a bit bigger than the size of the pad handle and padded with rubber (yoga mat works) to keep the handle undamaged. Clamp that to the end of the arm with the handle inserted to attach the pad.

Mounting depends on what you have to attach it to. If you have a post outside you can mount it on just put the appropriate brackets on the other end of the arm. If you want to build stand for a 4x4 that's pretty easy.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016