What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I noticed they have all sorts of threads like this for books, music, and shows but none really for video games, so why not start one?

I just picked up two games the other day for my PS3, "new" for me but like everything I'm always behind. I grabbed the first Borderlands and Space Marine and am loving them both, especially Space Marine online. I've never played many games online but for some reason that one tickles my fancy. Just wish you could play Space Orks as well.

2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Lotsa Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, cause I ain't got ready access to electricity and minecraft drains the dickens out of my battery..

3. Allers

Allers tricking, kicking

Generals Zero Hour.

Only.
    Always. :D

4. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Mw3 ...online...

5. Boardeaux

Boardeaux Valued Member

just downloaded starcraft 2. I'm behind the times too (think it came out in 2010) but really enjoying the single player campaign.

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Replaying all the Gears of Wars in prep for Gears of War Judgement...

Also trying to do overtime so I can then afford to buy it.

On my phone however I'm playing "Yesterday" which is a story based detective game. You play John, a man suffering from amnesia and all you know was that you were researching an incident regarding satanic rituals. Its annoying.....but fun. Reminds me of old Alone in the Dark game

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

"Dead Island" - picked up the GOTY edition for $19....all I can say is I know where I want to go on holiday this year

Its basically an FPS with not a lot of S and a lot of smacking zombies in the head with blunt objects....incredibly good fun!!!

8. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Have you been to the city yet? That's awesome!!!

9. Happy Feet Cotton Tail

Happy Feet Cotton Tail Valued Member

The Ship: Murder Party.

Sims meets Hitman meets Agatha Christie... and it's online! ;)

10. Hannibal

Not yet....spending a lot of time just smashing heads!!

11. Bozza Bostik

Being the big zombie fan you are, I am surprised (read: ashamed and disgusted ;)) that you haven't played it already.

I quite liked it (I even bought 2 tshirts :eek:). Loved the use of melee weapons. Left 4 Dead didn't seem to get that bit right.

12. Hannibal

Skyrim trumped EVERYTHING game wise....hence I waited for the GOTY

L4D2 was less cerebral (although this aint Civilization) than this and was a better @fire and forget" game

13. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

I can't wait for the GOTY too. :cool:

I am thinking about getting Ni No Kuni. If anyone's a fan of Studio Ghibli's work (Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, etc.), and the extremely beautiful music of Joe Hisaishi, this might be a good title to check out. I'll post a review when I get it :)

14. Bozza Bostik

L4D was a great game. I still play it, single player though, it's hard to find good players for co-op. But L4D2 wasn't so good. Despite the interesting locations, I kinda like the Southern States setting, it had no atmosphere and pretty dull characters. And the new special infected were like something from a bad cartoon IMO.

15. itwasntme

itwasntme Valued Member

Well, Skyrim... I mean, how do you even move past a game like that? I thought that was supposed to signal the end-times for games or something. I think it broke my Xbox, it runs slow as Christmas now.

I've picked up the Metal Gear games they redid for 360, but I'm stuck on the final boss in Sons of Liberty and I can't find some doctor in Snake Eater. Snake Eater is ridiculously hard by the way.

16. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Assassins Creed 3 for me, I also play UFC 3 every now and again. My little brother is playing Sonic Adventure Battle 2, which is a brilliant game that I recommend very highly, it's available on Xbox for download, but for the best experience it's best played in gamecube with a Gameboy Advance.

17. Kave

Kave Lunatic

Awesome, a fellow DCSS player. I am pretty addicted to that game, but unfortunately a busy university schedule means I don't play as much these days.

18. Pompeythegreat

Pompeythegreat Im Very White Aparently

I just finished Dishonored... Twice so its back to the best game i have!! SKYRIM!!

19. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Who do you voodoo.

20. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Baron Samedi FTW!