Anthony Joshua

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Yatezy, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

Surprised there's not a thread on him already.

What are peoples thoughts on the 'Great British Hope' (a name I've just made up)?

If you read all the Facebook arm chair analysts he would destroy Fury in 1 even though he just made Wlad look silly. But the lads got a huge following and has the usual hype behind him. Finally had his first real test this weekend against Dillian Whyte and showed he has some real flaws. Good fight in all.

Personally I like him but I also liked David Price and that got me nowhere. Seems to have genuine power and when he wants to can show some decent boxing ability. Round 4 onwards of his fight he controlled the paced and picked his shots better rather than looking to load up on everything he threw.

Hearn should keep him facing guys who wanna hurt him now rather than cans who fall over after 2 solid shots.

2. Prizewriter

Prizewriter Moved on

Honestly? He got gifted his Olympic medal, Savon beat him soundly. Since then the hype train has been out of control.

On the positive side, he is one of the most destructive punchers since Tyson. He seems to carry genuine KO power through the rounds. His chin looks solid too so far as it has been tested.

He will definitely win a world title, the talent pool isn't heavy at his weight. The fight that really excites me is actually about 3/4 years away. Joshua vs Usyk

One final thing is the PEDs... he's almost certainly on them, but like Fury said 90% of the top heavyweights are probably on them. Is he breaking the rules? Yup. Is he cheating? Questionable. Cheating means breaking the rules to gain advantage. If everyone is doing it, who has an advantage.

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Dude is jacked something crazy.

4. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

On the PEDs thing, I was having a search round last night about it and HGH was getting thrown around and HGH gut.

An image search later and does seem suspicious. Every time I see him weigh in I can't help notice how much his gut protrudes. How much that means I don't know but he is a large bloke.

Makes a boring division exciting though. Whether he'll blast through the higher ranking opponents is to be seen. Whyte took some solid digs and stayed standing. But that temple shot was beautiful.

Wilder vs Joshua could be a good one as Wilder is a pretty big hitter.

5. Kave

Kave Lunatic

As a New Zealander I am really hoping to see Anthony Joshua vs Joseph Parker, but I don't see it happening in the near future.

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

It took Joshua all of 2 rounds to put Charles Martin on his bottom.

16-0-0 (16 KOs).

World Champion (even if it is the IBF belt).

Damn, it's hard not to be excited by what the future might hold for him.

MOD Note. Spoilers dude.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2016
  7. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Was going to start a thread on him until I noticed this thread. There was a great documentary on him I watched on BBC iPlayer recently and would reccomend. Very impressed by his attitude and humility. Has a great work ethic, is extremely professional and his own worst critic. He trains extremely hard. And seems almost "lazy" relaxed and calm during a fight, making it look effortless. Impressed by this guy and I hope he goes onto bigger and better things.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p03pr1d3/anthony-joshua-a-legend-in-the-making here's the bbc documentary.

8. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Missed this thread.

Something I get very annoyed about is arm chair warriors saying AJ "hasn't been tested" in a fight

But I think how hard it must be to win an Olympic medal. People throw that out the window like it's nothing. Not counting wether he was gifted it or not, just getting there is a monumental achievement.

The other thing is PED use. If I'm not allowed to accuse people who **** clean, then neither should anyone else :p

AJ is a cool guy. I certainly want him to hit Fury hard. That's a few fights down the road though.

9. Boxing24

Boxing24 Banned Banned

He is a good boxer. And I love to see him in boxing ring again and again

10. PsychoElectric

PsychoElectric Valued Member

He needs a nick name. A first name as a last name is boring.

11. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I think he'll reign supreme for years to come, he has it all.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  12. Boxing24

Boxing24 Banned Banned

what name u suggest :cool:

13. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod Note: Welcome to MAP Boxing24. Please write out complete sentences and words when posting. Text speak is not allowed on MAP. You can find our Terms of Service by clicking on the button at the top and bottom of every page. Thanks!:hat: