What Happened to NY Budo?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by antihero.zero, Aug 21, 2008.

1. antihero.zero

antihero.zero Valued Member

What ever happened to NY Budo? I've been doing some Internet searches to refer another user here, looking for a good training group in NY, but Jean-Pierre seems to have disappeared.

I met some of their guys at a seminar many years ago, was very impressed by them, and thought I'd ask here if someone knows their new school name, etc.

2. deivu

deivu Valued Member

Wow dude i used t train at NY Budo back in the 90's. Not sure what happened to them, Nick Affuso was my favorite instructor. I know a few people who trained there. Maybe you can contact them and find out. The Shidoshi of the dojo below used to train there.

www.kotekidojo.com

3. antihero.zero

antihero.zero Valued Member

OK, thanks, I'll dig around there and see if I find anything.

4. muzosa

muzosa Valued Member

Jean Pierre stopped teaching and NY Budo shut down. Simple as that. Various instructors from NY Budo splintered off and began doing their own thing, but it's been too long to say that NY Budo survives in any form. We've got several former NYB students here, and I know of several others scattered around different dojos in NYC.

Jeff Christian

5. NYBudo

NYBudo New Member

Hey all, I just found this site. It's Jean-Pierre. And yes I do miss the hold NY Budo days :)