Bujinkan in Ann Arbor, Michigan

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by miboojer, Mar 25, 2016.

1. miboojer

miboojer New Member

I find myself spending a lot of time in the Lansing and Ann Arbor Michigan areas due to my job. I am looking for a place to train and have found a place in Lansing but am still looking for a place in Ann Arbor.

The location and times of the U of M dojo make it difficult for me to attend the classes. I have heard that there are a couple of other teachers in the area but am unable to find a lot of information. Beth Zimmerman was teaching at the rec center, but it appears that she is no longer teaching there. I have also heard somebody named Otto Cardew is training in the area but not sure where. Is it possible any of you know more about where or when they are training or how to get in touch with the training groups?

2. miboojer

miboojer New Member

Has anybody ever trained with Otto? I would like to know if it would be worth spending more time to find him.

Also does anybody know else know if there are some more bujinkan oriented forums/internet groups? Kutaki no Mura seems dead.

3. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

4. miboojer

miboojer New Member

I understand and appreciate the joke.

But despite the horrendous marketing aspect of that site the people I know that went there said the classes were good. Although I think I would try to make it over to Kaizen if I were to take up BJJ again.

5. miboojer

miboojer New Member

I didn't see anything in the user guidelines about the dark arts of thread necromancy...

Apparently Otto still is training. He has reached out to me and sent me a link to their in development webpage. http://bujinkankionidojo.com/

I was able to get together and train with his group recently. It is a very good group of people.

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Necton your own threads for update is normally a good idea over starting a new thread. Glad you found somewhere! :)