Building Cardio

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Wrath7, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Wrath7

Wrath7 New Member

I dont exactly have a sedentary life, when indont work in the morning i ran two times a day, and usually train everyday,now i can cause im not home but still. I ran and shadow boxe everyday along with other flexibility and strengh exercises, i just know that smoking slows me down, but yeah maybe im not ready to stop...

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Being able to say that is a surpisingly hard step for many. I don't think you'll have any problems quitting when you've made up your mind.

cheers,

3. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

It is true that sometimes there may be too much going on or what ever that quitting then may not be ideal but don't get sucked into that way of thinking. You can talk your self out of it so easily. I quit 4weeks ago from a 10yr habbit, not the first time I tried and there were many more times I thought about quitting but never even tried.

It's hard but it's doable :). It's the best health decision you can make, saves so much money, you don't smell, teeth/gums are better, cardio improves so with a list of positives like that don't put it off for too long. Also you have (a lot of,hopefully) people here willing to support you in any way we can :)

4. StripedPickles

StripedPickles Valued Member

If your not ready to quit, your not ready. But be careful how long you wait.

I gave up about 3 yrs ago, after being a pack a day smoker (more if drinking and gambling) for 25yrs. Even though my fitness has improved since quitting, there is some lung function I simply will not get back.
    I used patches, found them to be great help.