weight cutting last few kg's

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Gripfighter, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

other than don't do it and the obvious stuff got any tips on how to shift roughly 2kg before saturday morning ?

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116140

Some good stuff can be found in the web sites posted in that thread. You don't have to lose that much, but I didn't do the entire thing and still dropped a good 15 lbs in a few days.

Honestly, you could probably do that in a sauna suit and 30 minutes of light activity in the heat without having it destroy your ability to fight.

3. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

yeah maybe I'm panicking a bit prematurely, haven't even done a number 2 yet today :p, just expected to be allot lighter today than I was yesterday and I was heavier.

4. Kave

Kave Lunatic

In my experience (if I recall correctly), 45 minutes in a hot bath should allow you to drop around 2kgs.

5. Ero-Sennin

I don't know how your body works, but I easily carry about 8 lbs of water weight. If I don't drink or eat anything during the day, at the end of it I'm 8 lbs lighter. It's not great to feel the way you'll feel though after that and then know you'll be fighting. You're not dropping that much though so you I'm sure you'll be fine.

The hot bath method for a good 45 min. would probably work as Kave suggested too, and you'll save yourself any strenuous activity.

6. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

1 litre of water = 1kg.

2 litres of water is unlikily to be lost over a bath.

7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Cardio Cardio Cardio.

2kg is not loads, unless you're already quite "dry", which if IRRC from your vids, you're quite slim already?

Just watch your water intake and obviously just be sensible with your food.

I did silly stuff like stopped eating from about 3pm, 3 training sessions a day with layers on (rashguard, fleece and hoody) and basically just sipped water or ate watery fruits.

Then again, 2 days of feeling crappy is not too bad compared to what some pros go through.

9. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

62.5 this morning, not eating or drinking after 12 today, a light run on the bike and a bath should hopefully seal the deal or at least get me close enough to sweat the rest out tomorrow with a bit of pre weigh in exercise.

10. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

61.3, time to shine :)

11. Ero-Sennin

Good luck man!

12. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

took gold in my gi weight catagorey, silver in my no gi catagorey and bronze in the no gi absoulte. seven matches four wins, 3 by armbar and 1 on points. Also met chadderz who's brother was competing and won gold so all in all a good day.

13. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Excellent work, Sir. Congratulations.

14. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Congratulations on your achievements.

If you don't mind me asking, how/why does this work?

15. Ero-Sennin

Humidity/Heat makes you sweat the most. You can't get any more humid then a hot bath. You submerge your entire body up to your face in hot water for as long as you can stand, sit up for a bit, then dip back down and you're pouring sweat the entire time. I tried this method out a little while ago for about 10 min. and dropped off 2 lbs in water weight. Results will vary though, I'm a heavy sweater.

Great job on the achievements Tout!

16. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Thanks Ero I shall give that a try and see how that works out for me.

17. righty

righty Valued Member

Humidity doesn't really make you sweat more. It just makes sweat more noticeable as it doesn't evaporate off as fast as in dryer environments. If you are doing the bath immersion technique, it's a good idea to make it a salty bath with epsom salts to help draw water out of your body.

18. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

So many medals! :D

19. Ero-Sennin

The whole reason of your sweat is to cool your body. It does this by evaporating and taking the body heat with it. If you ever find yourself in a desert environment you should grab a hot bottle of water and put it in a wet sock and then hang it up. In about 5 minutes you'll have a cool bottle of water. It's a pretty efficient method. (You just got a survival tip for desert climates : P)

When your sweat doesn't dry it means the heat isn't going anywhere from your body. Because of this you continue to sweat due to not cooling off and you may indeed start sweating more. Regardless of increasing sweat production, it most certainly keeps you sweating which isn't as easy in moderate and dry climates which is generally what we all live in being first worlders as we spend so much time in-doors.

20. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Well done, congrats on the wins!