Rehydration supplements / Drinks

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Princess Haru, May 11, 2011.

1. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Bizzarley in my asda it isn't kept with the protien but with the red bull and energy drinks, maybe the same.

Also it's not in a tub but a big bottle, looks like a giant shake 'n' bake.

It is possibly the sweetest thing I have ever tasted.

I used to get it for summer BBQ season when I knew I'd be training in the morning but drinking the night before.
    First drink would be electrolytes, would try and get a coup,e of pints of water in before bed and have an electrolyte drink in the morning when I woke up.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Of course all the advice in this thread needs to be taken with a pinch of salt :)

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I have just submitted an article on sports drinks. It needs to be checked and passed by the heirarchy, but if passed explains the difference between the different types of drink, electrolytes and rehydration.

4. jumpfor joy

jumpfor joy Valued Member

Cool! Looking forward to that, it was 87 in the gym yesterday by the time I got home my toes were cramping so freaking bad.

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

6. stephacts238

stephacts238 Valued Member

I noticed alot of salt and sports drinks mentioned... you can also use pedialite it is a drink for babies/toddlers that is filled with electrolytes and can be mixed from a powder into water or just ni drink form itself

7. ladywarrior

ladywarrior Valued Member

What I use is Nuunn's active hydration dissolving tablets. You put one tablet into a 16 oz. waterbottle and drink when it has fully dissolved. It restores optimal water and electrolyte balance more quickly. Hope that helps. :)

My favorite flavor is the tri berry http://tinyurl.com/3db2pau

8. strafer

strafer Valued Member

I've just been drinking water mainly but I think I'm going to try out some supplements. Are these mesosilica supplements any good for post recovery? Either way I probably should be drinking something with electrolytes after training.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  9. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

bananas are awesome for cramp and energy ^_^

10. Frozen Ghost

Frozen Ghost Valued Member

Coconut water(not milk) is the best rehydration method short of a saline drip that I have experienced.