Martial Arts Planet  

Go Back   Martial Arts Planet > General Topics > Off Topic Area
Supporting Members MAP Shop Banned User List Terms of Service

Old 06-Jan-2017, 09:55 PM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapjumper View Post
You are going to be shocked very often then. Sadly.
Seriously, how is that even possible?? In my state, all those segregated clubs got sued back to the planes of oblivious for violating civil rights. I just don't see how any club doing that, or any business segregating on sex is legal. I cant really wrap my mind on it.
Old 20-Mar-2017, 01:12 PM
Registered Mapper

In France, talk about Islam is "hipe". Al politician want to frighten the people by mixing Islam and insecurity. A lot of false information is relayed when there are no problems between people in real life. The media serve politicians and use fear.
Old 21-Mar-2017, 08:36 AM
Valued Member

Also the issues with "Muslim areas" in France is more about poverty and racism than anything else. The mostly non white suburbs (only in France would ghettos be called suburbs) of Paris and Marseille were areas the police were afraid to go before militant Islam was even a thing in the West. Just like certain predominantly non white areas of Los Angeles and New York had similar issues in the 80s.
www.swindonkungfu.co.uk
Old 21-Mar-2017, 02:07 PM
MAPper without portfolio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Gash CLF View Post
Also the issues with "Muslim areas" in France is more about poverty and racism than anything else. The mostly non white suburbs (only in France would ghettos be called suburbs) of Paris and Marseille were areas the police were afraid to go before militant Islam was even a thing in the West. Just like certain predominantly non white areas of Los Angeles and New York had similar issues in the 80s.
Yes, but you have people like Greg who say that is entirely the fault of the immigrants who chose to live outside of "French society" and created their own ghettos.

That makes as much sense to me as men's rights activists saying that women are payed less because they want to be, but that's the attitude they're up against. Then you have the whole hypocrisy over a supposedly secular country having a massive problem with Islam, while not having such problems with Catholicism.
http://www.marboschool.co.uk/