Martial Arts Planet

Go Back   Martial Arts Planet » General Topics » Off Topic Area
Supporting Members MAP Shop Banned User List Terms of Service

Old 06-Jan-2017, 09:55 PM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapjumper View Post
You are going to be shocked very often then. Sadly.
Seriously, how is that even possible?? In my state, all those segregated clubs got sued back to the planes of oblivious for violating civil rights. I just don't see how any club doing that, or any business segregating on sex is legal. I cant really wrap my mind on it.
Old 20-Mar-2017, 01:12 PM
Registered Mapper

In France, talk about Islam is "hipe". Al politician want to frighten the people by mixing Islam and insecurity. A lot of false information is relayed when there are no problems between people in real life. The media serve politicians and use fear.
Old 21-Mar-2017, 08:36 AM
Valued Member

Also the issues with "Muslim areas" in France is more about poverty and racism than anything else. The mostly non white suburbs (only in France would ghettos be called suburbs) of Paris and Marseille were areas the police were afraid to go before militant Islam was even a thing in the West. Just like certain predominantly non white areas of Los Angeles and New York had similar issues in the 80s.
www.swindonkungfu.co.uk
Old 21-Mar-2017, 02:07 PM
MAPper without portfolio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Gash CLF View Post
Also the issues with "Muslim areas" in France is more about poverty and racism than anything else. The mostly non white suburbs (only in France would ghettos be called suburbs) of Paris and Marseille were areas the police were afraid to go before militant Islam was even a thing in the West. Just like certain predominantly non white areas of Los Angeles and New York had similar issues in the 80s.
Yes, but you have people like Greg who say that is entirely the fault of the immigrants who chose to live outside of "French society" and created their own ghettos.

That makes as much sense to me as men's rights activists saying that women are payed less because they want to be, but that's the attitude they're up against. Then you have the whole hypocrisy over a supposedly secular country having a massive problem with Islam, while not having such problems with Catholicism.
http://www.marboschool.co.uk/
Old 25-Apr-2017, 05:43 PM
boxing is fun

Hijacking a thread, yes --

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...rger/22038112/

I heard this on the radio last month, and then saw it repeated several times on the internet, and me and mine have been jokingly referencing it at home ever since.

That first night at dinner, after I heard the story, I related it to my family and asked what they think of the story. Wife's first response was: "How did the 8-yo reach the pedals?"

As my kids grew up I always told them that I would teach them to drive when they were tall enough "to see out the window and reach the pedals at the same time." The underlined part is key. We're not the toys in "Toy Story." The same person has to reach the pedals and look out the window at the same time. I have never met an 8-yo who is tall enough.

And then I ask, who are these witnesses who supposedly saw this van "follow the traffic rules" ? The radio report actually said that the boy stopped at a railroad crossing. Really? Who saw him do that -- and then stuck around as he pulled into McD, and then stuck around as the police were called, and then volunteered to the police, "Oh, ya, I saw him at the railroad tracks" or "Oh, ya, I saw him driving. He was driving really well."

I'm sorry, but this story does not sound real.

My book also on Amazon
Old 25-Apr-2017, 07:19 PM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikiMac View Post
Hijacking a thread, yes --

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...rger/22038112/

I heard this on the radio last month, and then saw it repeated several times on the internet, and me and mine have been jokingly referencing it at home ever since.

That first night at dinner, after I heard the story, I related it to my family and asked what they think of the story. Wife's first response was: "How did the 8-yo reach the pedals?"

As my kids grew up I always told them that I would teach them to drive when they were tall enough "to see out the window and reach the pedals at the same time." The underlined part is key. We're not the toys in "Toy Story." The same person has to reach the pedals and look out the window at the same time. I have never met an 8-yo who is tall enough.

And then I ask, who are these witnesses who supposedly saw this van "follow the traffic rules" ? The radio report actually said that the boy stopped at a railroad crossing. Really? Who saw him do that -- and then stuck around as he pulled into McD, and then stuck around as the police were called, and then volunteered to the police, "Oh, ya, I saw him at the railroad tracks" or "Oh, ya, I saw him driving. He was driving really well."

I'm sorry, but this story does not sound real.
You think the police put out a fake news story? Or the police report is made up?
Old 25-Apr-2017, 07:25 PM
Angriest MAP resident....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE2idwa4uY0
www.calgaryjkd.com
Old 25-Apr-2017, 07:26 PM
boxing is fun

I don't think the police put out a fake story, but I wonder if it isn't just advertisement by McD. Or someone was dared by a friend to publish in a real avenue a fake story just to see if it would be picked up or screened out.

Edit: Hannibal's youtube beat me. But they still left out the parts that I was talking about: Put the child in the driver seat and show how he reached the pedals. And who saw him stop properly at red lights?

Honest -- I don't know anyone who could have done all that, including maneuvering the drive-through, their very first time behind a wheel. Including me. I had to practice in an empty lot. I guess I've grown up surrounded by incompetent people!

My book also on Amazon

Last edited by aikiMac; 25-Apr-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 25-Apr-2017, 07:29 PM

Well the Officer himself was interviewed...it's leaving a LOT of legal issues open if it IS fake
www.calgaryjkd.com
Old 25-Apr-2017, 07:33 PM
boxing is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Well the Officer himself was interviewed...it's leaving a LOT of legal issues open if it IS fake
I agree that the YouTube video looks legitimate.
Still -- it doesn't smell right.
But it makes for a funny running joke at my house.

My book also on Amazon
Old 25-Apr-2017, 07:34 PM

Oh you should read some of the stuff we see daily........
www.calgaryjkd.com
Old 25-Apr-2017, 08:01 PM
boxing is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Oh you should read some of the stuff we see daily........
LOL, that has an ominous undertone to it!

My book also on Amazon