Daoyin

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by runcai, Jul 20, 2014.

1. runcai

runcai Valued Member

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

3. runcai

runcai Valued Member

This is the latest work by the Health Qigong Administration Center of General Administration of Sports of China. Here is the video in youtube:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sheH0hsUi4"]Ma Wang Dui - YouTube[/ame]

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

What is the point of all these spam posts you keep doing? Have an opinion on something yourself for once

5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Are these things you are looking into practicing and wondering about?

Are these things you already practice? If so, do you want to tell us something about your experiences with it?

I am failing to see the poinjt or what you are wanting to discuss so far.

6. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Another pointless thread,brought to you by Runcai..

7. runcai

runcai Valued Member

Thanks, I was thinking about the relevancy of the concept of Daoyin or guided stretching exercise dated back to 186 BC with International Martial Arts. But I am not sure the current practitioners of IMA knew the guided stretching techniques. Maybe guided stretching techniques is a point for discussion.

8. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Then again, maybe it isn't.

If you want to discuss something give your opinion or ask a question, otherwise it's just a monologue.

9. runcai

runcai Valued Member

Thanks, in the West it is called the "meridian stretches". Is Daoyin relevant to Internal Martial Arts?

10. Hannibal

What do YOU think? And WHY?

11. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Per Chen Zhenglei, my Yang Shifu and a TCM Doc I am married to (all 3 from China) daoyin is simply an old name for Qigong.

12. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Runcai doesn't think - he is actually an electronic embodiment of google, and randomly posts blocks of text that his bots pick up from other websites, in an attempt to pass as human.. :eek::yeleyes:

13. embra

embra Valued Member

I am becoming more convinced that some Bot technology hunts out places like this to spout drivel in a semi or fully automated form.

No one human writes this kind of bilge unaided.

14. runcai

runcai Valued Member

Well, this article sort of saying that Qigong is from Daoyin, and in that case is Qigong relevant to Taijiquan?

15. runcai

runcai Valued Member

Along with the nine curved pearl, the concept of extend to all (8) directions or stretch to all sides is similar to the idea of guided stretching.

16. runcai

runcai Valued Member

The Mawangdui Daoyin Shu suggested four characteristics:

1. Focusing attention along the Meridians in coordination with mental concentration
    2. Rotating and stretching in a slow, relaxed manner
    3. Stretching tendons - alternating tension with relaxation
    4. Breathing to achieve the unity of body and mind

Is any of these relevant to the practices of Internal Martial Arts?

17. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Look up Neijia and you will be enlightned

18. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Runcai,

Can I ask you an honest question? What do you actually do when you practice?

19. Hannibal

That would need someone else to answer the question then he could just repeat it verbatim - he is allergic to having an opinion of his own apparently

20. runcai

runcai Valued Member

Abstinence, I try to abstain from concentric muscle contraction, and a few other things.