I just tried BJJ for the first time

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by keeponsingin, Sep 20, 2014.

1. keeponsingin

keeponsingin New Member

Hey guys!

You can call me Sing, since that's what most people do on other message boards.

I'm 23 and a full time preschool teacher and part time college student with one class standing between me and a BA in psychology.

I have done some martial arts before, mostly TKD, but I've been wanting to try something new, learn some more for self defense, and get in shape, so I poked around, spent what seems like an endless amount of time on YouTube watching videos and Google searching for and reading discussions and articles etc...and it led me to BJJ.

I found a place that offers it, called them up and told them about my interest, and they set me up for a trial class right away.

I went tonight, and oh my goodness...I absolutely LOVED it! Not only was the everyone super friendly which made for a very welcoming atmosphere to begin with, they were also willing to work with a complete newbie who knew absolutely nothing, the instructor is amazing, and I learned a lot! just from the one class, I want more, even though I'm gonna be sore as all get out tomorrow!

It also made me feel confident about myself, especially since the instructor , and some of the other students said they were impressed with how fast I learned and how well I did, especially with the knee on belly (hold? -- I can't remember the names of stuff too well) after being grabbed from the front.

They asked how I liked it, I said I loved it, and I will definitely be coming back...and soon! Tuesday their black belt instructor will be teaching, and I'm excited!

2. Omicron

Omicron is around.

Welcome to the BJJ world!