EU referendum

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

It's if you're lucky. :D

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Honestly, I think this answer might actually be worse than racism. At least racists have a reason for voting against Europe; this just sounds like it was a vote in favour of chaos simply for the sake of it despite the vast majority of experts and world leaders saying it was a terrible idea. I certainly hope you never have cause to complain about any personal cost due to exiting Europe because this reason for voting would give you no leg to stand on at that stage.

On behalf of those who actually think through how they vote, please never exercise your right to vote again unless you have a much better reason to vote than this!

3. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Dad, mom and the rest of the children are very disappointed in you.

Sincerely,

Canada

P.S. I think those kids you've been keeping in the basement would really like to leave.

[​IMG]

4. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Actually I think for a lot of people the leave vote has simply been a protest against the status quo. This was the cynical genius of the Leave campaign, it effectively made the EU it's Jews, scapegoating the EU for all the problems that the right itself has caused.

5. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I've come across an unbelievable number of people who voted exit because:
    -They can't get a council house (the Conservatives stopped building them in the 1980s)
    -They can't get low-skilled factory work (the Conservatives closed all our industry in the 1980s)
    -They think the NHS is overstretched (it is, because the Conservatives reorganised it from the top-down in 2010 to make it easier to outsource)
    -They don't like being on zero-hours contracts (introduced by our own government - not sure whether that was New Labour or the Conservatives again)

This is the sort of thing that makes you despair of Britain. The right wing political parties have got the poor blaming foreigners for things that our own government did. Then voting right-wing to try and fix them. Insanity.

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

No, some of them are politicians who are willing to sell out their country in order to further their own ambitions.

You don't look like Boris Johnson, though.

7. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

Between the Brexit vote and the upcoming Trump/Clinton decision, Canada is going to get overcrowded pretty quickly! :)

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

We can manage over here....just bring me Rib and Saucy Nik Naks or Pot Noodles as bribery

9. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

All the people who won't initially vote for Trump and wanted to remain in the EU will be immigrating here? So an influx of well educated and highly intelligent people after which a wall will be built by the US to keep the rest out on the US side?

WIN

10. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

It amazes me how people can follow political liars like Clinton, who never tell the truth, and
    never talk in their her own words and twist everything they say into some kind of mindless logic that makes no sense on any level.

Remember, if you like your existing insurance plan, you can keep it.

Four years later with double the rates and half the coverage everything is great.:bang:

11. Matt F

Matt F Valued Member

Honestly, what a silly thing to say.

It's good we live in a country where we can vote and not have to justify it and have a right to vote anyway we want. My reasons have not got anything to do with anyone.

There's nonsense on both sides by apparent experts.
    Like I said, where's osbourns emergency budget?

Life brings up bad times ,worse than anything this could throw up and I have got through them because I make sure of it, so no, there will be no complaints.

The IQ accusations are laughable because ,so what?....what's the point of having an high IQ if it's not used by the people who wanted to stay to contemplate reasons for leaving other than racism and a low IQ. Or use it to accept the decision and move on.
    It's worse having an high IQ and being fake nice people ,externally nice but internally not so ,who insult those with a different view and looking down on them.

12. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

13. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Your reasons for voting have got to do with all of us, actually. As do everyone else's who voted to leave. You're all the reason this country is going to go down the toilet in coming years. It's mind blowing how Brexiters on social media think they're not allowed to be called out on such a stupid decision.

14. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

You're right. You are free to vote to cut your own throat and you'll never have to justify it to anyone. But the rest of us have the right to call you an idiot for doing it on a larf.

No, there's not, because almost all of the experts were on the side of Remain - and you, and 17 million people like you, in your infinite arrogance, decided you knew better.
    It's been one day - it takes longer than that to write a budget. And even if there isn't an 'emergency' budget, the next one will be impacted by this decision.

15. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Yeah, it's really weird how Leave voters are being really triumphalist about the fact that the world hasn't immediately gone to hell.

16. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Dammit. Knew I shouldve transferred years ago...

17. Matt F

Matt F Valued Member

Haha....what a fantastic open minded view.

I'm no brexiter , I'm a person.
    Yea it's surprising what people say from behind a keyboard.
    It was a democratic vote, get over it. No need to attempt to or insult anyone.

18. Matt F

Matt F Valued Member

For a laugh?
    Nah.
    Idiot...arrogance....racist...low IQ.....anymore haha?

19. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Well articulate your argument better. "Just to get a change" isn't really an in depth analysis.

20. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

It's funny to watch how some people who don't get their way can only resort to name calling to back up there opinion. , which tells me that their opinion is not worth much.
    :)