Journal of Aaradia's MA Journey

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by aaradia, Feb 14, 2015.

1. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - Finally back at it!:happy: But, going to ease back into it slowly over the week. Still not 100%. So, although I am really tempted to try sparring class, I am going to make myself not go.

6:37- Stretching. Wow, a couple of weeks off and I am really tight.

7:00 - 9 Star two person practice with Ms. D. Just started doing two person with her. We did the lesson, but this is our first practice session. I was very happy with it. Ms.D likes to just drill the same couple of moves over and over until we get it. We spent most of an hour just drilling the same three moves, although we did it on both sides.

My left leg felt weird at first. Sort of weak. Felt like it would give out, although I don't think it would have. Strange. I can only think a combination of being sick and laying around so much had some nerve all messed up. Plus, being really tight. It got better as the night wore on.

8:00 - took it easy. Rested and chatted for a bit.

8;30 - TCC double gim and a bit of 48 combination form. I was happy that I hadn't forgotten the moves I just learned for the double gim. Just learning moves, then having to take a couple of weeks off, I was worried I would not remember, but I did.

It isn't looking good yet. Moves are awkward, but it will improve with practice.

9:00 School Closes. (1 hour and 53 minutes)

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 - Evening Shift/ rest day

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  2. aaradia

Thursday, June 2, 2016 -

6:30 - Last half of TCC class. Detailing out of first two moves in Grasp sparrow's tail.

7:00 - Tai Sifu CLF class. Going through detailing out hand forms right now. Right now it is Gung Ji. Yes, Hung Gar as a form by the same name, but this is a different form. Particularly excellent class tonight!

8:00 - Golden Leopard vs Tiger two person practice with Ms. M. Working on the other sides of the form than the sides we did in tournament. Still running through the side we did in tournament to make sure we remember it, but we practiced that side for months, so we want to get the other side caught up to that.. Then, we will practice both sides
    evenly.

8:35- TCC private lesson. Started a bit late because my instructor was handling some phone call. But it ran a half hour still, to that is ok. Double Gim form, review and details of steps I know and added, hmmm, about 5 more steps. Then continuing review of 48 combination form.

9:05 - School closes (2 hours and 30 minutes)

3. aaradia

Friday, June 3, 2016 -

6:30 - Weapons class. Spear. Frankly, it wasn't a good class. I won't go into details as I am not going to say anything online before talking to my Sifu. These sort of instances are very rare at my school, and my Sifu has never failed to fix anything brought to his attention. Mind you, I am talking about 2 or 3 things in 12 years as a student there.

7:00 - Advanced TCC class. Plum Blossom fan. The instructor gave some details that I am struggling with. Going to take some diligent practice to get those corrections in my head.

Practiced those corrections with another student -Ms. R - after the class. Then double gim and some 48 combination.

Then CLF stick form. Can't snap some moves properly. Had to do them slow motion as my wrist seems to be having some issues still.

About 20 minutes of CLF kicking practice - yellow sash kicks.

Talked to my instructor and Tai Sifu at the end of the night, trying to understand the corrections in advanced TCC class.

Kind of a frustrating day of practice. I was having difficulty with most things practiced tonight.

9:10ish - School closes (2 hours and 40 minutes)

4. aaradia

Saturday, June 4, 2016 -

10:05ish - A bit late to get started with Two person Staff practice with Mr. R. Since tournament is over, we are starting on the other side. It is almost the same as the first side, just a few differences. So I am hoping it won't take too long to get down. Then the thing is to practice both so that I know each side clearly and don't confuse the two.

11:00 - Sparring class! Yay! Finally back at Saturday sparring class. I have missed it so much! Focus on leg kicks. Tournament is over, so we are opening up what we practice again. And our GM's tournament is coming up in a few months. There are leg kicks in his tournament.

Also, I was trying to help a couple of new students out during class. One wasn't very receptive to help though. A few of the more experienced students have been trying to help her out, but are about to give up on her. I will give it a bit more time though. We are a very helpful bunch, but also don't like wasting our time if someone isn't receptive to being helped.

12:00- Rest after sparring class

12:30ish - TCC weapon forms practice. Fan forms, Gim forms, double gim, Sabre forms, and flute. Didn't do second side of gim and Plum Blossom fan though - just not enough time. Nice to get back at these forms, was a bit rusty on memorization, but not much.

2:00 - CLF practice. 23 minutes of kicking practice- yellow sash kicks. Also practiced drill my instructors suggested. Doing multiple power thrust against bag without putting foot down between kicks. I am terrible at this drill! And - probably because I am terrible at it - I hate it. Most of the time, I couldn't even do it. But at the end I actually did 3 kicks without putting my foot down once. Eh, it's a start. Broadsword, Butterfly knives, and small five animal.

3:05 - school closes (4 hours and 30 minutes)

Later than night, a few of us got together at a sports bar/ restaurant and watched UFC 199 to celebrate Ms. D's birthday. Great night of fights and company!

Week 26 Total = 11 hours and 33 minutes
    -Total = 288 Hours and 01 Minutes

Sunday, June 5, 2016 - Rest Day

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  5. aaradia

Monday, June 6, 2016 -

3:50ish - Golden Leopard vs Tiger two person practice with Ms. M. We arranged an extra practice session this week to make up for missing a couple when I was sick.

4:35 - Went over spear form. Ms. M helped me out as she knows it really well and I am very rusty on it. Still, it is coming back quickly.

Then, stretched for about 25 minutes. Did some TCC- 24 form and the Fajing form. CLF techniques - Brown Sash 3rd degree (16 minutes). Broadsword form.

6:30 - Stick Fighting class.

7:00 CLF private lesson. First one in three weeks. Two weeks ago I was sick. Last week the school was closed on Monday due to Memorial Day holiday. Worked on kicks. Yellow sash kicks. Good input from my instructor - as always.

I have been going back and forth between feeling like I was making progress and then feeling like I wasn't getting better at all. After this lesson, I know that I am making progress. So, that feels good and I feel less frustrated. Still, I have a long ways to go to get my kicks up to snuff for my next test. My instructor agreed with me that this is the thing that I am furthest behind in in becoming ready to test. So, we are prioritizing it. I am going to count this lesson as my 30 minutes of kicking practice tonight.

7:30 - Stuck around for my instructors next private lesson. She is teaching 9 star to Ms. D and has us working on it together as two person partners for this form. Ms. D needs it for her next test as this form is learned where she is at in the curriculum. So, I sort of get an extra lesson myself by being her partner. That is how two person lessons work sometimes.

8:00 - Techniques practice with Ms. B. Double Dagger techniques.

8:30 - rested and chatted with another student about TCC and other things.

9:00 - More techniques practice. Brown Sash 1st degree (17 minutes) and Purple Sash techniques (not sure exactly- about 20 minutes?) More TCC practice- some of 48 combination, some of the 40, but I messed up some of the pattern on the 40. I am probably going to watch the video after typing this to see where I got messed up and remember it correctly.

A couple of weeks off practicing something and I forget so easily. It is frustrating. but then again, it doesn't take much to get it right back in my mind again.

10:05 - School closes. 6 hours and 15 minutes

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 - Evening Shift/ rest day. Normally a day shift, but I volunteered for an extra late shift - past our usual evening shifts even. I am proud to say my Branch Library that I work at started being a polling place last year. This is the second time. I think this is a very cool thing. Many of the staff volunteered to start early, work extra hours, and/ or work late to make sure he have enough staff to make this happen.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 - Evening shift. Rest day. Had an appointment with a physical Therapist. He analyzed all sorts of things about my feet and walk and movements. Then made casts of my feet to send out to the orthotics company for new orthotics. I was impressed by how detailed he was and how he explained things. He was much more detailed than the Podiatrist a few years ago that made my last orthotics. I am getting two pairs. He is actually adjusting the ones for my regular shoes and the ones I will use for my MA mat shoes. I was impressed that he felt there was a difference in needs for that too.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  6. aaradia

Thursday, June 9, 2016 -

6:30 - Last half of TCC class

7:00 - Tai Sifu CLF class. Going through detailing of formal exercise

7:45ish? Golden Leopard vs Tiger two person practice with Ms. M. Second side coming along. Not sure when we started. But when we checked the time after practicing awhile, it was 8:00. Tai Sifu class had ended early. But we didn't realize it until this.

8:30 - TCC Private lesson. All double gim tonight.

9:00 - School closes. (2 hours and 30 minutes)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  7. aaradia

Friday, June 10, 2016 -

6:30 - Weapons form class- Throat Locking Spear. Class is back on track. Found out what happened last week and all is much better.

7:00 - Advanced TCC class. Detailing out one of the fan forms. Then push hands practice.

8:00 - Solo practice. TCC double Gim form. CLF kicking practice. 30 minutes. All yellow and most green sash kicks. Worked on corrections given at alst private lesson. Also a bit of that drill of doing power thrusts against the bag without putting my foot down between kicks. Actually managed to pull off 2 kicks several times. So, that is progress. Small Five Animal Form.

9:08 - School closes (2 hours and 38 minutes)

Saturday, June 11, 2016 - Wprk during school open hours/ rest day.

Week 27 Total = 11 hours and 23 minutes
    -Total = 299 Hours and 24 Minutes

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  8. aaradia

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - I lagged. Rest day

Monday, June 13, 2016 -

6:30 - Stick Fighting class

7:00 - CLF Private lesson. Yellow sash kicks and techniques. My instructor wants me to start running through all my forms all together, once or twice a week in a test formatting style. Lately, I have been doing them with a lot of stopping and working on corrections in sections. So, I am to do as many solo forms as I can in an hour. If I don't get them all done, do the ones I haven't done next time. Except do formal exercise every time - no matter what.

The lesson ran long.

8:00 - Techniques practice with Ms. B. Yellow, Green, and Blue sash techniques.

8:30 - Solo practice. Staff, spear, Butterfly Knives and stick form. Would have done Broadsword,but I had left it at home to clean it. TCC double gim, first half of 48 combination, 24, Fajing, and beginning of 40 form.

10:00 - school fully closed up. (Instructor training ended.) (3 hours and 30 minutes)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  9. aaradia

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 -

6:40 - Stretched.

7:00 - Sparring class

8:00- sheesh, either I just had a bad day or my cardio is slipping a bit. Just tired after class and I ended up not getting back to working out. Just rested and chatted. Didn't mean to take more than a short break. Not too happy with myself. I did do a bit of the 48 combination form.

9:00- school closes (1 hour and 25 minutes)

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - Evening shift/ Rest day

10. aaradia

Thursday, June 16, 2016 -

6:30 - Last half of TCC class. Tai Sifu was going over details of the last few closing moves in most forms. Then some push hands.

7:00 - Tai Sifu CLF class. Still detailing out hand forms. Most of the focus to day was on Siu Sup Ji. Although we did the rest of formal exercise as well.

8:00 - Golden Leopard vs Tiger two person practice with Ms. M.

8:30 - TCC Private lesson. Reviewed and detailed double gim form. I struggled with the last part I learned this week, so I opted to not learn any new moves this week and just get more practice in on what I know. I am in no hurry. Continued review of 48 combination. My instructor is fixing a lot of little timing issues that were slightly off. Happy with how this is going. I really love this form and have never been quite happy with my performance of it.

9:00 - School closes (2 hours and 30 minutes)

Friday, June 17, 2016 -

6:30 - Weapon forms class - Throat Locking Spear form.

7:00 - No advanced TCC class today. So I joined Ms. M and Ms. B in techniques review. Stick, dagger, and Brown sash 1st degree.

7:30 - Solo practice. A heat wave is starting up here, so I went at a slower pace than usual. I don't do well in heat. This means I am wimping out and not starting what my instructor said to do just yet. That is, practicing all my forms in one go, format style. It will have to wait until after this heat wave! So, kicking practice- all yellow and some Green sash kicks. Also that kicking drill where I try and do power thrusts without putting my foot down and kicking the bag multiple times. About 30 minutes. TCC double gim. Sup Ji Jit Fu. Some of Golden Leopard vs Tiger solo.

I did also take some time to talk martial arts and catch up with an ex instructor who is in town this weekend practicing at the school.

9:10- School closes. (2 hours and 30 minutes)

11. aaradia

Saturday, June 18, 2016 -

10:05 - Two Person Staff practice with Mr. R. Overall went well, although I am a little frustrated about how solo practice does not seem to help this yet. I was practicing the newly learned 2nd side. The instructors were all busy so I could not ask when I was stuck in recent previous practice times. And this form is particularly hard to practice solo, more so than the two person hand forms. So I ended up not practicing the opening correctly. I think my partner was hoping I would have it down more, although he is infinitely patient with me. Anyways, aside from this, the practice went well overall.

Oh, and I had bought us some new protective eye wear and we used them for the first time today. We were both really happy with these glasses!

11:00 - sparring class. Thankfully, Tai Sifu took pity on us in the heat wave and did not have us put on our chest protectors. It is REALLY hot right now! Did lots of great drills today. I was teamed up with a new student, who is a particular challenge to work with. Seems to have some sort of mental disability and some other mental health issues that make her very hard to work with. I mean, enough so so that Tai Sifu and other students let me know we could switch around some during class so that I could practice with others too. But I was ok. She actually has made some progress and it feels extremely rewarding to partner with someone and feel like you are helping them progress.

But at the end, another student did ask to switch to work with her because she couldn't spar harder anyways with some injury issues, so we did swap then.

Things like her wanting to quit in the middle of a round and just stand around as an example of one issue working with her. But then she seems traumatized if you aren't extremely gentle with her in having her NOT stop then.

Several of us are working with her. And I talked to fellow students saying I didn't mind working with her, but that I didn't want to every time. So we agreed to take turns.

I know it sounds harsh, and all of us like to encourage new people. But you just have to trust me that this students issues are REALLY severe and if one person works with her all the time, their own progress is going to be hampered. Sparring time is precious to all of us, so we have to strike that balance between helping out and meeting our own needs too.

12:00 - Moving step practice with Ms. R. Went much better than last time. Last time I just did pretty poorly. I was afraid my skills were deteriorating, but now it seems like I just had an off day.

1:00 - Nine Star two person practice with Ms. D. Went VERY well!

1:30 - rested a bit. Did I mention we are having a really bad heat wave? From a google search....

1:53 - TCC weapon forms. I need to practice these more frequently. I had a few brain lapses on memory. It came back, but took a bit of time. And once, asking an instructor. So, I didn't get through all of them like I should have. Did Plum Blossom fan- only one side, 32 Gim- only one side, 54 Gim, solo practice of two person sabre, solo sabre form, and the flute form.

3:05 - school closes. 4 hours and 37 minutes

Week 28 Total = 14 hours and 32 minutes
    -Total = 313 Hours and 56 Minutes

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  12. aaradia

Sunday, June 19, 2016 - Rest day

Monday, June 20, 2016 -

The heat wave got to me, I didn't get nearly as much of a workout as I wanted this day. Lots of long breaks, wasn't pushing too hard during my workout. Just too hot!

4:45- Golden Leopard vs Tiger two person practice with Ms. M. We were fitting in an extra practice session.

5:30 - break- chatted.

5:53 - Brown Sash 3rd Degree techniques. TCC Fajing form. Maybe something else that I can't remember?

6:30 - Stick Fighting class. Well, not actually until 6:45. Some mix up, so no instructor at first. We students started some drills on our own in the meantime.

7:00 - CLF private lesson. Green sash kicks. Got some great input and am feeling hopeful my progress will improve- speed up.

7:30 - Rested? Chatted?

8:00- Techniques practice with Ms. B. Purple and Brown sash 1st degree techniques.

8:30 -ish? - Solo CLF practice. Yellow and Green sash techniques. Formal exercise. Stopped for awhile to talk with my instructor- another long break. Then back at it. Picked back up on formal exercise. Then, Siu Moi Fa and part of Sup Ji Jit Fu.

10:00 - school closed up. Wow, time is hard on this one. I am just going to have to give it my best estimate. (3 hours and 45 minutes?)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  13. aaradia

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 -

6:40 - Stretching

7:00 - TCC- most of 24 form for a warm up. Got distracted and didn't finish last couple of moves. Can't even remember what distracted me. Also can't remember what I did next. I know I did something.

7:30 - Well, the heat spell is lessening. Still very hot, but not super extremely hot. So, I started the thing my instructor said about starting to do all my forms, or as much as iI can in one hour. Got most of them in there.

Wasn't happy with how when I sped things up, details were lost and some stuff felt sloppy- the weapon forms mostly. Hand forms not too bad. Still, I can see how sometimes I nit pick details and it hampers my progress. As always, my instructor was right in her suggestion to start doing this. I need to speed things up and get the details, but I was just practicing sections- not even whole forms without pauses.

Well, it was the first day of doing this lately, so I will get better.

Did, all weapon forms first. Happy that the full version of the Broadsword is getting into my memory. Spear is getting better too. Still, it is very obvious to me that I need to spend more time on my weapon forms as they are behind in quality from my hand forms.

Then, Sup Ji Jit Fu, Small 5 animal, and formal exercise. Didn't get to solo version of Golden Leopard vs tiger, wall bag, and Siu Moi Fa. Still, I don't think it will be hard to get this all in under an hour soon. Just need to do it while maintaining details and quality. I think part of it is I just sped up too much. And part was that I got confused with some details doing it all at once "was this form a closed fist or open fist leading up to that first kick?" Because some forms have such similarities, but small changes in things like the opening.

8:35ish - can't remember. I rested a bit. Didn't realize I rested that long though.

8:45 - Kicking Practice- some Yellow and some Green sash kicks. That kicking drill I have been working on, some pivoting drills my instructor gave me last lesson. Worked on incorporating the corrections given the last couple of private lessons. The kicking drill is improving. About 20 minutes of kicking practice.

9:05- School closes (2 hours and 10 minutes)

14. aaradia

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - Evening shift/ Rest day

Thursday, June 23, 2016 - -

6:30 - Last half of TCC class. Ack, messed up the pattern of the 40 form. I need to practice my old hand forms more regularly. Stop taking Sunday's off = being lazy.

7:00 - Tai Sifu CLF class. Detailing out and reviewing formal exercise still. Today the focus was on the Gung Ji form. Not to be confused with the Hung Gar form by the same name.

Tai Sifu class ran late, so did not start two person practice until late as both of us are in that class.

8:17ish- Golden Leopard vs Tiger two person practice with Ms. M

So, my TCC lesson is canceled tonight because my instructor has walk through scheduled with potential new students. But he wasn't sure they were going to show up. And it turns out they showed up very late. So, tonight was weird.

8:35ish- My CLF instructor is fillling in this week working the desk for our regular receptionist. So, it was a rare opportunity to have both Ms. M and my CLF instructor review and give instruction and feedback on our Golden Leopard vs Tiger form! (just a reminder too that her CLF instructor is my Tai Chi instructor) So, that was pretty awesome!

8:50ish? - My TCC instructor's potential new students showed up. I chatted with my CLF instructor a bit.

9:00 or 9:05ish? Very rough estimate! - Then, the walk through ended and he did a little review of the beginning of the 48 combination form. Even though he has reviewed the first part of the form recently for several lessons, he gave me this really advanced detail in how to move stepping back into crane spreads its wings, during that move, and moving into brush knee. Little subtle things in the movements. Very awesome! Then we went ahead and scheduled a make up lesson for tonight.

Good night of practice and instruction!

School didn't close up- even though it was closed for business for awhile as instructors were doing something. I chatted with another student for awhile.

Left about 9:45 - (2 hours and 40 minutes)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  15. aaradia

Friday, June 24, 2016 -

6:30 - Weapon forms Class- Spear. Last class for this this go around. Next week we start the Pa Kua butterfly Knives. This was a particularly good class. Great breaking down of the end moves, which I struggle with. I found this breakdown very helpful.

7:00 - No advanced TCC class. So I joined Ms. B and Ms. M in techniques practice. Stick and Dagger, Blue and Purple sash techniques. I also did Cane and Double Dagger techniques solo. So, I succeeded in doing all techniques this week. :)

7:52ish? - Solo practice. TCC double gim. CLF Kicking practice for about 40 minutes. All yellow and most Green sash kicks. Working on corrections given by my instructor the last couple of weeks. Also did power thrust kicking drill Kicking with left leg. I need to start practicing both legs with this. Anyways, I managed to kick more than once with ok power- not great- but also not tippy tap no power without putting my leg down 2 times a few times. AND also 3 times a couple of times. And once even 4 times! :D Definitely making progress. Although I still fail to get two kicks in a row lots of times too.

Mixed some stretching in with my workout this hour too. Trying to start to stretch after being warmed up more instead of just using it as a warm up. I know latest science says this is the better way to go.

Pushed myself a little harder this workout, actually this week. To get my heartrate up more than I have been. It shows, as I feel tired right now. But satisfied. It was a good night of working out.

Left at about 9:05 (2 hours and 35 minutes)

Saturday, June 25, 2016 - Work all day when school is open/ Rest day

Week 29 Total = 11 hours and 10 minutes
    -Total = 325 Hours and 6 Minutes

Sunday, June 26, 2016 & Monday, June 27, 2016 - What are the chances that one would get two head colds within a month or two of each other during the Spring and Summer? I am sick again!:mad: Very similar symptoms as my last cold. Really bad cough- not my regular allergy type cough. Raw throat- not sure how much of that was from the cough, but I think not only from that. Chills and aches all over and just weak! Super annoying as Monday (today) I had my regular CLF private lesson and it was going to be the last one for a couple of weeks as my instructor is going out of town. A make up TCC lesson AND I was supposed to help out someone for their push hands part of their test! I contacted the instructor so he could find another partner for this persons test. I would have pushed through it as I like to be reliable for things like tests. But I think I am highly contagious right now and I don't want to get this person sick.

I am not too hopeful on getting back at it tomorrow either. Still feel pretty awful.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - Nope not back at it. Still sick. Better than yesterday though. I think I won't be out as long as from my last cold.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  16. aaradia

Wednesday, June, 29, 2016 - Evening shift/ Rest day.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 -

6:30 - Last half of TCC class

7:00 - Tai Sifu CLF class. Still detailing out Formal Exercise.

8:00 - Golden Leopard vs Tiger two person practice with Ms. M.

8:30 - TCC Private Lesson. Learned a couple more moves for the Gim. Also detailing out what I have learned so far. Also continued detailing out the 48 combination.

I thought I was over being sick more than I was. Far from my usual strength today. Just felt weak and tired. Not happy. I have extra days off this week. Plan was lots of extra workout time. But I just don't know how up for this my body is. :mad:Very annoying. (2 hours and 30 minutes)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  17. aaradia

Friday, July 1, 2016 - I had asked for this day off work awhile ago. The plan was an extra long workout. But I am still recovering from this darn cold. I barely managed my normal workout time. I didn't go in early. I also took things a lot more slowly than usual. Lots of resting in between practicing stuff and going slower than usual. Hey, I still worked out. I did the best I could.

6:30 - Weapon forms class. Started the Ba Gwa Butterfly knives.

7:00 - No advanced TCC class. And I didn't join Ms. B and Ms. M for techniques practice as I couldn't handle the pace with how I am feeling. So, I did TCC for about 53 minutes. Mostly worked on the double gim form. Those 3 moves I learned last lesson are very complicated and I worked a lot on getting them down. Also a bit of the 48 combination form.

Then, some CLF hand forms practice. We did the first 3 forms of formal exercise in Tai Sifu class last night. So I picked up from there. Siu Sup Ji, Siu Moi Fa, and started Sup Ji Jit Fu, but got distracted and didn't finish it. Then some kicking practice. All yellow sash kicks. Again, focusing on recent corrections from my CLF instructor. Only about 10 minutes. Got tired and then chatted with another student.

Left school at 8:55. (2 hours and 15 minutes)

18. aaradia

Saturday, July 2, 2016 - Well, sort of a bummer to still be recovering from being sick on my Birthday. Had some health issues that kept me from writing what I did for a few days, so my memory of what I did is a bit hazy on this day.

11:00 - Sparring Class

12:00 - coughing too much to do moving step with Ms. R. Didn't want to cough all over her if I couldn't break away soon enough. Bummer. Rested a lot- chatted. Just not at full energy.

I can't remember when I started up again, so this is a rough estimate.

1:20ish? - TCC Weapon forms. Can't remember which ones I did, but I did most or all of them.

Can't remember if I did any CLF.

I really can't remember. This is one of my most incomplete entries in this log.

Rough estimate of time working out today is (2 hours and 40 minutes.)

Week 30 Total = 7 hours and 25 minutes
    -Total = 332 Hours and 31 Minutes

19. flaming

flaming Valued Member

From personal experience I have found it best to just rest and eat what you like
    when you feel sick.

I've tried training while sick and I just end up feeling ill again a few days later.

20. aaradia

Sunday, July 3, 2016 - Still not feeling well. Rest day. Getting stomach pains, especially in the morning. Have been having them all week, but they start getting worse around now.

Monday, July 4, 2016 - School Closed due to holiday, Still recovering. Rest day.Stomach still having bouts where it is getting worse.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 - Stomach pain woke me up at around 4:00ish in the morning. Kept having bouts of issues. I go to urgent care in the morning and they send me to the Emergency room. They say it is because I will need tests they can't run in Urgent care. Dang! Then I go to the ER and they admit me to the hospital for tests and observation overnight! It seems when you have stomach pains and are over 50, they feel they have to check your heart.

I had a bunch of tests, my heart is fine. They tested other things too. It was a miserable day. Thing is, the atmosphere made me feel sicker and weaker than I was. Like they treat you like you are dying, but I wasn't that sick! It gets into your psyche.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 - More tests. Dr. says all my tests were negative, which is good. It seems my stomach pains, which are feeling better by this day, may be related to my chronic cough. My whole digestive system has been messed up for a few years. Acid Reflux issues, maybe, I have IBS too as I have chronic intestinal issues that were also part of me going to the Dr.. Going to follow up with a regular Dr. I have to make some changes and get this under control.

Went to work out in the evening. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy, but I NEEDED to not feel so sickly from the whole hospital vibe. They really do treat you like you are one foot in the grave. They set alarms in my bed when I got up to use the restroom at night to make sure I didn't fall. Like, I get they have to cover themselves legally, but REALLY????? I just had stomach pain and intestinal issues, I was not some frail old person who can't take a fall!

And they want to jack you up with all sorts of extra medicines. Like some blood thinner and some stockings to prevent blood clots from lying around. I was like "I am only in here overnight. I will just get up and walk around some instead." They were like "yeah that is actually better for you."Well why didn't they suggest that instead then? And then they want to give you medicine to keep you calm when stressed out. Well, jeez, being stressed out by being in a hospital seems like a perfectly normal reaction!

And, well, there were truly sick people all around me. I am empathic and just feeling that all around was just a funky vibe.

Listen, I don't mean to sound like I am only complaining. I am grateful to have issues like heart trouble ruled out. And I appreciate their thoroughness and taking my health seriously. I really do!

So, anyways, I was mentally all out of sorts and so I went to go work out. Tai Sifu could tell when I walked in that I wasn't well. I guess the events just showed. I only worked out for an hour, took it really easy. Can't remember exactly, but I think I just did some TCC forms. Double Gim, can't remember what else. (1 hour)