What's my next step?

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Pharris, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Pharris

Pharris New Member

Hello everyone, I have a weird situation at hand and require your advice for it would help me greatly.

I have been getting death threats from a "friend" of my girlfriend. He's the creepy jealous type that wanted her, couldn't have her and now he's bent on getting with her. I've talked to my girl about this and she doesn't want to get involved at all cause she eats lunch with him and doesn't want her safety endangered. But my question is this guy has a habit of showing up at the places my girl and her friends hang out. We're bound to meet each other again very soon (prom, graduation is coming up.) I've tried my usual tactics of negociation and diplomacy and they've had no effect on him.

My final question is what to do about self defense? I despise fighting but I know with his temper and attitude I would rather be safe than in a coffin. I don't have the time to learn a martial art, or money for it. What options do I have realisticly and legally?

2. nightcrawlerEX

nightcrawlerEX Valued Member

3. sean

sean THOR!

When thinking legally, there are too many variables to depend upon a certain factor, so I'm sure someone else can reply to that.

In the physical side of things, if you feel intimidated, or have any feeling whatsoever that he will hit you (most likely with a haymaker punch to the head), then hit first. You do not need a huge punch to get someone down, just a jab to the nose. This should blurr the vision allowing for:

1) escape

2) further physical pain

Without reigorous live training e.g. training in a physical environment (sparring), then you have little chance of being in self control. The primal instinct will play a large part alongside adrenaline.

Last option, tell the police. An officer knocking on the door is sure to scare the underpants off him.

4. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Pharris,

If I were in your shoes, I would go and speak to this guy in person, and not "lightly", in other words be ready to fight. But since you "despise fighting", you could just get evidence of him threatening you and tell the cops. Though the later option is a bit sissy.. good luck!

5. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

You told your girl this and she still has lunch with him? I think you need to speak to your lady again.

6. reel deel

reel deel New Member

Yup! if she ain't helping the problem she's hindering it, Working as A door Supervisor (bouncer in the US) I see this kind of thing happen all the time.
    It usually leads to trouble, no getting away from it I'm afraid, you're either gonna end up having to fight for the girl (Which is just about the dumbest thing a man can do, fight over a woman when theres plenty of other girls out there prettier and not carrying baggage like this aggresive headcase around) or you're gonna give her the Spanish archer's elbow (Dump her!) I'd opt for the second and tell her why you are dumping her because of Mr Psycho, then if she thinks anything of you my freind, she will tell him in no uncertain terms where to get off, if she don't and sticks with the status quo take somebody else to the prom you aint lost a thing my son. But no woman is worth hurting or getting hurt for, she won't appreciate it she'll think you're just stupid. Believe me when I say your damned if you do damned if you don't in this situation take the third option find a nice girl who will appreciate you. don't get into fights over them they ain't worth it.

7. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

So you're the one receiving the threats? Call the police. That's a crime. Let them deal with it. If you try to confront this guy, no good will come of it.

8. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

You are in high school. The guy isn't going to hurt you. The worst you are going to receive is a punch up (worst case scenario). If he pulls a weapon, run.

Listen to Reel Deel. Best advice so far.

9. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

Dose his drink at school with Visine. :)
    Do it on days you'll be busy with her. He'll be so attached to the can the last thing on his mind will be her. Or you could just run up on him and whoop his ass.. Or you could take Reel Deels advice and be done with it. The broad sounds like a flake, you can get plenty of whatever it is you want with a different female with less baggage.

I'd drop her faster than a bad habit. If you don't want to do that, drop him on his head a few times like a bad habit.

10. Pharris

Pharris New Member

Here's the other part, I have no solid evidence to bring to the police. It's all verbal and nothing on paper. I don't know if anyone would back me up as a witness though.

11. NaziKiller

NaziKiller New Member

You can go the Hollywood about it and tape him on a concealed recorder.

But seriously, if you really like the girl and she likes you, try to sort it out. Or if it gets to violence, kick his ass. Like most would tell you, even if you don't have much time, arts like Krav Maga and Muay Thai are pretty quick to learn and will make you an effective fighter rather quickly.

And if you don't think the girl's worth it just dump her.

12. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

LOL. And your point is what? I deal with that "he said/he said" crap on a daily basis. It's a good portion of my caseload!

13. justin hun

justin hun New Member

obviously, the girl is probably playing you and doesnt really care about your well being. The easiest way to get out of this situation would be to find someone else. Coming from a girls perspective. ;)

-Justin hun's girlfriend.

14. Cyrax

Cyrax Forever Student

if they are indeed death threats I would confront him or call the police

15. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

How serious is the guy? I mean if he actually seems to be considering killing you then report him to the police. Ignore the people on here saying that's a sissy option, a lot of people on this board would bet on a 4 year old girl in a fight with a 34 year old guy if they thought that:

a) She had right on her side
    b) She posted on MAP

(Guys, neither of these things actually make you any more likey to win a fight, in case you hadn't noticed)

If he isn't serious about this then ignore him, if your girlfriend knows the guy better than you then talk to her and take her opinions into account. If she doesnt care about the threats because she doesnt care if you live or die then (And this is just a guess) she may not be the one for you.

16. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

Your girlfriend must be a bitch if you'd explained it properly and she doesn't want to get involved. You getting death threats BECAUSE of her, she is involved! And by hanging round with him shes just leading him on and escalating the situation.

If shes not prepared to do anything about it, dump her stupid ass.

17. Vanir

Vanir lost my sidhe

I agree with this reply, myself. If it's that serious she'd care about your total well being in a devoted sense, if not then it's hardly a relationship worth getting knocked around over. Try a girl who cares.

18. reel deel

reel deel New Member

To be honest Pharris, if I'd hit everyone who'd threatened to kill me I would not be getting out of Jail EVER! That includes my parents, sister, my Ex wife, current Girlfreind, I'm gonna kill you is just an expression until it is acted upon aggresively.
    So unless he makes his move he is just making a lot of noise.
    Unless you have suspiscions that he will follow through with his threat.
    If this is the case involve the law.
    Though I still think this problem will go away if you lose this very immature young lady and get someone who will respect you and care for you in the way that you deserve.
    But fighting should only be resorted to for worthwhile things, like protecting your life and limb or protecting those weaker than yourself, even fight for your country if that's what you believe in but fighting over a woman? Not a good idea really, as I've said she doesn't appreciate you now how do you think she'll feel when you've clobbered this guy who is afterall a freind of hers? Even though he has an ulterior motive for that freindship, as I've said she is immature and really needs waking up to that fact, I'd dump her mate.

19. IrishStomp

IrishStomp Valued Member

You don't need much evidence to get the police to take at least some kind've action, bro. My buddy threatened someone's life and the next day cops were at his house bringing him down to the station to file a report. You could do that and I'm pretty positive that would stop all of his threats and if he tries anything again, you've got the initial incident already written down at the station and he'll be in real trouble, then.

20. KaratekaAndy

KaratekaAndy Male (95% of the time)

^ I posted this in another thread and I feel it applies to this situation :rolleyes: