Things that make you go GRRRRR.... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Rhea, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

So my guardian is gone now.

On Thursday it was: See you tomorrow. We'll talk and next week we look for your medication.

On Friday I got a call from the "person" of his boss: Sorry, he can't today. But you will be in the breakfast group on Monday, right?

On Monday I went to that group and saw my potential new guradian, so I asked where my guardian is.
    The answer was: "Close the door."

I nearly threw a fit.
    And she got a bit annoyed at the boss, because he made me think my guardian would be there again on Monday.

He's gone now.
    Just like this.
    And didn't even say goodbye.

When I felt like dying before, I don't even words for what I feel like now.

And to make things worse: I actually cried! In front of a person!
    I feel so ashamed :eek:
    Showing that weakness in front of her alone is reason enough to jump out of a window and break up the program!

2. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Broken big toe and metatarsal is making my life hell, I'm struggling with not being able to train at all let alone stand without wincing! :p

3. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Bought some new pedals for my bike. Can't get the old pedals off to put the new ones on. :( :cry:

4. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

My run continues: One of my more important teachers leaves the club.

By now I think, I destroy whatever it is where I go.

5. Rated Red

Rated Red ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Supporter

While I won't discuss religious or political topics and prefer to be lighthearted I will delve into other serious topics if I have the experience, facts or knowledge to back my case up or if I want to express an opinion. I don't believe in confrontation or arguing for the sake of arguing nor do I get a thrill out of pushing buttons. I don't care for online 'cliques' and if I like you, I like you, even if we don't see eye to eye at times.

I had my second heated debate in the 15 years (give or take) I've been posting in forums just a few months ago in regards to transgender transitioning and obesity in children and for some reason they are still nipping at my heels behind closed doors - even without me taking the bait. The hurtful part about the whole thing is is that these two people were considered friends; we shared and invested quite alot between each other over the last 5 years and I miss them, they were part of my everday life for a long time. With that said, I also feel that people who hold a grudge towards you for days, weeks or months based on your difference in opinion is ridiculous and petty; I've realized that they're not worth an adult conversation if they cannot walk away like one or at least accept that not all people view topics in the same way. If we all agreed or saw things in the same light life would be boring.

I am always curious and interested in what other people bring to the table of life, but I don't appreciate it being forced down my throat and/or given an ultimatum. I don't work that way.

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Getting into some tasty sparring with my instructor last night...managed to cop an (accidental) spinning forearm right across the old snot-box. Fair put me on my ****. Getting a lovely reminder today every time I push my glasses up my nose. :(

7. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

A friend asking a favor/giving an opportunity to another friend of mine. Not to me or both of us together based purely on the fact that he's a man and therefore more suited... At least that's how it was put. :(

He didn't mean it in an offensive way, but it still bothers me more than it should...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  8. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

What was the favor? I mean, if it had to do with something involving the male genitalia you kind of have to just accept that and not be offended ya' know.

Who the hell still says things like "he's a man so he's more qualified?"

9. Nachi

No it didn't really. :)
    I just edited the post. It wasn't said he's "more qualified". I think I chose the wording wrongly, but the message was that a guy would be better to do it, probably because guys generally have more charisma or are better to work with people. I do accept guys are stronger, and are diffent than women, but I just didn't share the opinion that this was a guy's job.

10. Ero-Sennin

Well I'm not sure about guys being stronger. We already did the maths in the pushup thread xD.

That kinda' sucks though. It's funny you said males have more charisma. Whenever I have to deal with people socially (puke face) I generally find male charisma to be full of posturing and pushy, especially sales representatives! In another light, you could reframe the situation to, "Well, now I don't have to waste my time being burdened by the task that was given to somebody else" :p

You could also challenge said friend to a knuckle pushup challenge, and when they complain about it hurting their knuckles make fun of them. ^__^

11. Nachi

Haha, well, that's at least what I think is behind it :) As I said I even think it may generally be true. But it's different when you compare two particular people...
    It's not like I wanted that task in the first place, but neither did the other friend. So there was really no need to mention that he's better to take care of it than me. Either ask us both, or don't mention me anyway and if you do, just pick a different reason than the gender, man! I can't really improve that.
    Not that I can do much about it :) But it kind of transfers to other things....

...your maths is weird anyway :D

12. Ero-Sennin

My maths is impeccable! I should win a Nobel Peace Prize for my contributions!

On another note, two of my siblings are living with me. My oldest sister recently came down to work while my brother in law is deploying on submarines in the Navy. Both of them stay rent free.

Both of them however seem to think it's appropriate to suggest upgrades that are "a necessity" or tell me I need to fix something that's giving them an issue. For example my sister recently broke the flushing handle on the toilet, and wants me to go purchase and install a new one. She recently installed shelving that screws into the wall temporarily and can be easily moved, and one of the shelves is maybe two inches from the toilet's tank and makes it very difficult to get inside the toilet to fix the handle. I told her to remove the shelving and I would fix the toilet, but that was too much to ask. So not only is she staying rent free, but I have to purchase material for something she broke and be inconvenienced by not having enough access to the tank to do the work quickly.

I'm definitely not doing it, and I've started making comments that they need to chill out with their requests and if they want something done I'm going to charge them for the labor -__-

(On top of all this, I just installed a 4,000.00 water purifying system as well as a new water tank, and bought an 800.00 washing machine within the last month for everyone's convenience!)

13. Nachi

Sorry for the duplicated post... I suppose I can't delete it myself, since I can't find the delete button... Or I'm just blind :)

Heh, I can see why this isn't making you happy :) If she can't do it herself, she should at least ask politely.

Why not charge them for the things you buy for everyone? It would make sense that each of you pays a share, if they are going to stay with you and use it in the future.

14. Ero-Sennin

Oh I told them that. The response is, "weellllll, it's YOUR house." So my response is just, "welllll, I don't care so it's YOUR problem."

We're so nice to each other ^__^

15. TwirlinMerlin

TwirlinMerlin Valued Member

Gggggrrrrr at Hipsters that dress up like blue collar men; lumber jacks, mechanics, etc. The ones that have the big beard and are wearing the 350 dollar work boots but have never done manual labor, couldn't fell a tree or change a tire to save their lives. I'm probably being a little unfair about it but I find it kind of offensive because like a lot of blue collar guys I wear my work attire with pride. Most of us grew up hard, work hard, beat up our bodies to do our jobs, have gained valuable skills which make us useful and it takes some grit to get there. Then you have these Chaz Weinershnitzle III types poopin' on our image. I kinda want to put em' in a rocket and shoot it at the moon. Would anyone miss em'? ;-)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  16. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I woke up this morning to the news that an old Coven brother died last night. He had recently been diagnosed with cancer. The cancer had a high survival rate. He started chemo very recently.

It seems his body couldn't handle the chemo. He went into septic shock and his heart failed.

I feel so very angry! :mad: I know chemo has harsh side effects. Watched my mom go through that. I know chemo can not work. But I did NOT know it could actually kill a person!

17. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I have a student who's brother has cancer.

The chemo has failed him and he is now undergoing radiotherapy.

Such a horrible disease and I find it a horrible word.

18. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Grrrrr coming down with the lurgy when I have a hospital appointment this afternoon that cant be put off (I have a 7 day absorbtion test in me). Get this problem diagnosed and it could give me an opportunity to get back into martial arts after a couple of years.

19. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Getting little more then 154.000 points (more then double the current highscore) in Tetris here in the arcade, just so it doesn't count :mad:

:D

20. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Wow, just seen this thread from November.

Dan sadly passes away over the Christmas period.

MAP Meet is in your memory my friend.