Does "Better Together" Make A Good Case For The Union?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by aikiwolfie, Apr 7, 2013.

1. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

97% turnout (of those registered)?

That sounds too high to me - that's a Mugabe turnout.

Anything over 85% would be astonishing.

2. holyheadjch

White always hurts less.

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Sounds like something on the #WhyI'mVotingUKIP hashtag

4. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Yeah but that's self-defeating. I wrote a very boring blog post on the subject :p

Now its says 97% registered to vote. Meh.

5. holyheadjch

Repeated blows to the head from a white baseball bat. #WhyI'mVotingUKIP

6. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

my county is considered a guaranteed yes - think it might go a no though.

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

8. holyheadjch

Unless its malicious (and it isn't - who'd deliberately put it on the top of a stack?) then it'll be evened out by mistakes going the other way. Unless the margin of victory is in the low thousands, that kind of thing wont make a difference.

9. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Indeed! IDK about the situation in the UK, but the2 major parties in the US are funded and unofficially owned by the same corporations, so it doesn't matter much who wins.
    I always thought this gag pic to be funny and accurate and applies to any politician of significance: [​IMG]

10. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

11. holyheadjch

One does not simply vote their way out of Mordor.

12. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

No, but hopefully we can throw Gollum (aka Salmond) into the fires of Mt Doom.

13. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Woke up semi drunk just as it's come in. So happy.

14. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I can't disguise how bitter and angry I am. I've got ukip to look forward to though, and fighting an illegal war in Iraq against ISIS, that'll be fun. Hopefully we can too it off with a privatised NHS.

I'm not coming back to this thread, I'd probably break ToS

15. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

This is off topic, but what makes you think it is/will be an illegal war?

16. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Went out of my way not to read the thread till now.

Glad it went as it did. (Or seems to at present)

Know someone...very well... being the product of a mixed marriage, growing up in the early 70's - one side Ulster Loyalists the other side republicans.

No one happy for long.

Those that don't believe in it (Union) feeling forced to go along with what they cann't stand - to fund things they don't support. If seperate, then the Unionists eventually feelin they no longer belong, don't have a say in things.

No one happy for long

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  17. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Mostly the convenient coincidence that this terrorist organisation appeared out of nowhere (nobody had ever heard of it until a month and a half ago). There is no reason to go to Iraq. We will protest against it, much like we did with Afghanistan, but it will happen against our will.

18. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

So you don't believe the news reports on the subjects coming both from our 'friends' and 'enemies'? Or that the Iraqi government has actually asked for military support against IS on its territory?

This group hasn't come out of nowhere. They (or rather their root groups) have been fighting in Syria and Iraq for years. This is the result not only of the recent conflicts in the region but also of Western actions (and in particular British actions) in the middle east in the mid 20th century (as well as the suppression of particular ethnic and religious groups under the Syrian and Iraqi dictatorships) and the use of radical Islam to manipulate and unite people.

19. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

If the recent raids on IS-influenced terrorism suspects in Australia is an indication, then they are most definitely an organisation that needs to be stopped. Never mind our duty of care to fellow human beings who cannot defend themselves from IS militants in Iraq and Syria. Unless you think it's okay to be selfish and not do anything because we're not the ones being brutalised.

Speak for yourself, I believed the interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan were justified.

20. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Well I'm fairly upset that you guys seem to be getting more control over how the NHS is run than us.