Aldo injured

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Mushroom, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Equal parts Ali and Bruce Lee.....

"At the same time, McGregor said he would not change his preparation for Mendes.“I don’t have a game plan,” he said. “I just go in there formless, ruthless, cold, and that’s it. It does not matter who is in front of me or what style or approach they have. My approach will win the fight.”

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

#

Attached Files:

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Such a better fight than Aldo.

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I want Mendes for this one. Grab Connor slam him or get him against that cage and start wrestling.

Main issue...Connor is super quick and has good hand speed and what he lacks in general strength he makes up with a lot of striking technique.

Mendes need to get in there, grind and take away Connor's confidence and essentially ground him.

Connor in my opinion would need to finish this quick.

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Mendes will want to close the distance early, but if he rushes in, he could get put down real quick.

I agree, the longer the fight goes on, the more it will benefit Mendes. Wrestlers excel at wearing down their opponents.

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Exactly, Mendes is not exactly fleet of foot but he is very explosive.
    Does Connor have a reach advantage or no? He looks like he might..

7. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

74" for Mcgregor, 66" for Mendes.

8. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

So, who's everyone got? my heart kind of wants Mcgregor to win, cause it makes a fight with Aldo way more interesting, but my head says Mendes is gonna lie on top of him and punch a hole in his face, anyone?

9. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

McGregor. First round. Tko. I think he's gonna catch mendes with something glancing on the feet, rock him, capitalise. I think he'll stuff the takedowns and keep it standing through distance management, grips and good hip use.

10. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

I don't know man, i mean, I've never seen Mendes on jelly legs ever, i know Conor has probably the heaviest hands at 145, but we've never been given a reason to doubt Chad's whiskers.

11. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

McGregor will spend the majority of the first three rounds going between having a leg tenderised and being taken down but he will wiggle out of each precarious spot just in the nick of time, when it looks like that could be it for him - why? cause he's just like that.

Meanwhile, Mendes grows more and more frustrated as the snake wiggles out of his arms and prevents Chad from raining down blows. Mendes begins to make mistakes and has been eating/absorbing blows which begins to wear on him.

Everyone is surprised by a late 4th round TKO from McGregor.

Best thing about the fight? Everyone will get to see Wiley Coyote's heretofore unseen defensive Jujitsu

12. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Chades a former pac 10 wrestler of the year and two time all american, Conors wrestling has never been tested in the UFC, if he can keep it standing he has a chance, but thats a big if against someone who has heavy hands and a great takedown game

13. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

...This is the most plausible thing i have read about the fight...You need to make bank off this kinda thing man, you got a crystal ball or something kicking about.

14. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

I know, i mean, i know Conor is confident, but he's going from duking it out with the stand and bang crew to stepping toe to toe with one of the most prolific takedown artists in the sport, and to make matters worse, this guy is one of the few with a claim to out punching him, i mean, talk about dialing it up to 11.

15. belltoller

Ahem...crystal bell

BTW, Aldo will manage to injure himself yet again before the next Aldo/McGregor date.

Fan interest in the fight ( and Aldo ) wanes and the interim becomes the actual via default.

:)

16. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Needs to get the hell outta nova uniao, they can't have nice things, they keep breaking them.

17. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Simply put Conor has been protected, the UFC needs a cash cow and Aldo although P4P easily top three, maybe the best in the world (although I prefer mighty mouse) simply doesn’t sell fights, he doesn’t interview well, has gone from destroying guys in the WEC era to simply beating them over 5 rounds. Then Conor turns up, big mouth confident and brings a demographic into the UFC they have been missing (the irish fight fans)

So they feed him some weak strikers who collectively probably have 2 knockouts in their entire CV to build him up, then let his loose on the champion, whichever way the fight goes it’s a cash earner for the UFC, then Aldo gets injured and they have to feed him to something they have tried to keep him away from, someone who can actually wrestle.

Note the above isn’t a knock on Conor, we simply don’t know how good he is because his opponents haven’t been top 5 or the type of guys able to push him, its also fault that the UFC have done this nor is it his fault that aldo
    a) has no personality and
    b) has destroyed everyone in the division who has a change of selling fights (mendes, Edgar, the California kid the list goes on and on)

18. belltoller

Nahh...the guy's just injury prone. Trains too hard and the more you're injured, the more often injuries come.

Personally, I think Aldo would've taken Connor in a blood bath of epic proportions, despite Mendes being more of a bad match with his wrestling - and Chad comes close ( or will come close )

But the fight never happens which sends Aldo to his grave a bitter man, 'cause he knew he could've taken him

According to my little bell here :vanish:

19. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Aldos been fighting at least twice a year for a decade or so now, and has the best record of nearly anyone in MMA close to 10 years unbeaten, I’d say his team are doing something right considering they at one time had the two best lighter weight fighters on the planet.

20. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

I'm not saying that the camp can't produce results, but between Barao and Aldo, they've derailed a good half dozen cards, and clearly they train too bloody hard for their own good, i mean, i am sure they'd be just as good if they took things a bit more slowly, they are already world beaters, but it doesn't mean a hell of a lot if you can't make it to the fights, granted it isn't just nova uniao, but damn, that camp is ahead of the curve when it comes to breaking dudes before fights.