What TV series are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Sep 10, 2014.

1. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

since my brother has gotten back into comic book related nerdery with me, we're marathoning arrow seasons 1-3 and Flash when we get up to that point.

2. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Entourage is great fun and genius. Ari Gold a legend. Most of it is based on real events. Mark Wahlberg came up with the idea and Vince and the boys lifestyle are a mix of Mark Wahlbergs struggle and life. Vince is also loosely a mix of Toby Maguire and Leo Di Caprio. It's my favourite lighthearted feel good show. I rewatch it whenever I have nothing else to watch.

For me Gotham got really good near the end. My problem with Arrow and the Flash later on was the CW spin on it. Everything the CW do ends up being teen drama that's what's putting me off it.

3. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

Between

This is a netflix show. I like it. It's about a town where everyone over 22 dies from a mysterious cause (virus?). What happens when the kids run things? The military clearly wants no one to get out. Why is that? What caused it?

Somewhere between Under The Dome and The Leftovers. In my mind I have added in some Plague Year by Jeff Carlson (great book BTW) for future plot points.

It's pretty good. Only downside, only 6 episodes for the first season?

4. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Saw a bit of true detective the first episode of season 2 and didn't feel like sticking with it.

My favorite bit of the first season was the ending to this episode
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOGoX1B6_2k"]A Dream and the Monster at the End of It - True Detective [HD] S01E03 ending - Arriving at Reginald - YouTube[/ame]

I'd like to see Harrelson and Mcconaughey work together again.

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I think the 1st ep of True Detective 2 is too big name heavy.
    Every character was played by an A list/well respected actors.....and Taylor Kirsch.

What made season 1 awesome was Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConnaughy in roles that you usually not see them in. I did have a bet with friends on how long it'll take McConnaughy to show his butt.
    I lost. I thought within the 1st 2 episodes...

6. Mushroom

2 episodes in on Humans and I'm enjoying it. UK is producing well on 'creepy' SciFi, it's very Black Mirror-esque.
    I was expecting a Deus Ex Machina kind of story. I couldn't help thinking that this is a prelude to the creation of Kryten in Red Dwarf :p

7. CrowZer0

Disappointments for me. I watched the first two seasons of Person of Interest when they first came out and completely forgot about newer episodes. Season 3 was crap and I don't think I an continue with season 4. A shame really it could have been really good. Season 3 of Orange is the new black was shockingly bad.

I loved the first two seasons of Orphan Black but this new season again bad.

Community what the hell has happened to this show? Since when does Yahoo own them? Too many changes from a winning formula the last season again sub par.

I'm so glad Tyrant is back on, so far season 2 has been just as good as season one.

Very disappointed that Forever has been cancelled.

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Currently working through Penny Dreadful season two. Interesting premise with the mish-mash of monsters set in Victorian London. Eva Green is superb.

9. Mushroom

Halfway through series 1 of The Kingdom. Imagine the MMA movie The Warrior but as a TV series.

I'm kind of enjoying it, its a decent 45min show. Very adult though, obviously with the violence there's nudity and tons of swearing.

Frank Grillo essentially playing the same character as he does in The Warrior.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8ZQ04h1gho"]KINGDOM Extended Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

10. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

The unit, gung ho American rubbish but I like it

11. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

How did it go wrong? The first two seasons are excellent, but i could hardly watch the third one, struggled through though. My girlfriend is a huge fan and couldn't get past episode 3. Shame.

S2 of True Detective has been pretty bad too!

12. holycrapple

holycrapple Valued Member

Right now i am watching games of thrones season 3.

13. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Dark Matter, Killjoys, Defiance, three great scifi shows from Syfi and Dominion which is also on Syfi. Also liking the 2nd season of The Last Ship.

14. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Black sails - loving the Anne Bonny character. Season 2 has been great so far alot faster paced than the 1st season.

Finished season 3 of Vikings after rewatching again, not the best season in my opinion and lacked something i can't put my finger on. Still very good though plus it's about Vikings so can't lose really.

Baza

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  15. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

People are having problems with their shows and I'm just sitting here rewatching Battlestar Galactica :cool:

16. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

been netflixing something fierce lately. watched knights of sidonia, which was pretty cool, watched sense8, which i loved, been sporadically watching daredevil and breaking bad, also quite cool, although BB gets a bit slow at times, so i can understand how it fails to grab some people (sense8 is even slower in progression, although more things happen per unit of time), and have now been watching hemlock grove, which i would have absolutely loved when i was 15, and now is pretty cool, i guess (it makes me feel 15 again :p)

17. flaming

flaming Valued Member

If you liked Humans I think you would like the film Ex Machina. A bit darker but worth a watch.

18. CrowZer0

Finished True Detective season 2, it does pick up a little but doesn't compare to season 1 at all,actually it's so different and completely unrelated that it shouldn't even be called true detective.

Mr Robot is fantastic, that's my new favourite at the moment, a show about hackers with a group clearly based on Anonymous.

Ballers is watchable but I'm losing interest.

Tyrant season 2 us great.

19. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Mike Tyson Mysteries, surreal, dark, and hysterical.

20. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Been on a GoT binge and rewatched the whole thing.

I never got around to watching season 5, so I signed up for the free trial month on HBO, watched 5 and went back to 1 and onwards.

Much better on second, or is it third?, viewing. Season 4 kinda bored me though.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015