Aldo injured

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Mushroom, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Part of me wants to say he'll pull out. That's not a great injury to fight with and its going to bugger his last few weeks of camp.

The other part of me knows this is one of the UFC's biggest pay days in a long time and they're going to make Aldo feel all kinds of pressure to keep going.

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Well, that's one way to wipe the smirk of McGregor's face.

4. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

The one thing I've noticed is that even though the ufc is never going to tap Mendes or Edgar to hop in the ring with Mcgregor on two weeks notice, the main reason everyone knows they won't do it is because most people are pretty sure they'd beat the tar out of him.

5. holyheadjch

Doesn't mean Mendes and Edgar wont scream bloody murder if the fight is called off and the UFC don't offer either of them a fight on ridiculously short notice.

I'd sooner see Edgar fight McGregor than Aldo anyway.

6. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

McGregor is in aldos head, its in aldos own self interest to have a break from all of the pressure and only fight if he's physically 100%, I'm sure if they have a replacement match, all fighters will be keen to grab the exposure and money that comes with a McGregor fight. Win or lose everyone will be watching!

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

MMA gonna MMA. :)

8. Dead_pool

9. Prizewriter

Prizewriter Moved on

10. Dead_pool

The bit about also crying seemed strange too.

So maybe, maybe it is gamemamship!

11. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Never mind Aldo, if this fight gets set back I think I might cry...

12. Dead_pool

13. Dead_pool

14. holyheadjch

15. icefield

icefield Valued Member

16. Knee Rider

I don't know. While the level of hype behind Conor is monolithic in stature, that shouldn't mask the fact that he has been looking superb in his fights. He has a very solid chance of winning. I'm not writing Jose out of it though... Which is why I'm exited to see the fight.

17. Knee Rider

This also crossed my mind.

18. icefield

icefield Valued Member

hes look good fighting weaker stand up fighters

He has fought 1 top ten guy Poirer, and looked good against a barely top ten guy who hasn’t knocked anyone out since 2009 or got a submission since 2010 any who hasn’t finished anyone since moving to featherweight
    The UFC seem to have fed him stand up guys not known for their power or knock out skill WHO are also without any noted wrestling abilities

Not saying he cant win, but the hype for a guy who hasn't fought a top 5 guy is huge,

19. Knee Rider

Fair points. He is also yet to face a solid wrestler. I agree that hype is disproportionate also. Conor appears savy at packaging himself and playing the game and is very marketable so its no surprise I guess.

Time will tell. I can't wait to watch it.

20. Dead_pool

What about vs Chad mendes the alternative?

He's a good wrestler, how do you feel that match could play out?