I want your Suggestions!

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Anth, May 20, 2008.

1. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Alreet all,

Now we've got Journals back I'm starting to get bored. Yep, already.

I can find any number of random things to add but chances are they'll get looked at once then not used.

So I want your suggestions - what do you want to see on MAP?

Unfortunately getting the gallery or clubs back at the moment is out of the question (gallery software is on Saz's dead computer, clubs was coded by an ex-admin).

Do you want something like a glossary, or a new skin? Possibly better integration of something already on the site? Or something else? Only conditions are that it is sensible has to be technically possible for an idiot like me!

Howay folks, lets see what we can get :)

:Anth:

2. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Removing the 3 letter limit thing on search would be nice, it's a pain when I'm searching for qi blasts or whatever.

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Doing that would push up the database and probably cause a few more errors occasionally.

What I can do however is add words like "qi" that are smaller than 3 letters to the search - it will let them through, even though they're smaller than the limit.

4. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

ah cool, then all the acronyms like BJJ, CMA, TMA and so on would be good.

5. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Don't forget to add UFC too! :D

I think working on a way of restoring the old journals would be nice, if at all possible. I'm sure, like many people, I just dived in there with an entry without making a backup... :cry:

:)

6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Don't think its going to happen mate :(

You can download your entire (new) journal in Notepad format now so you can have a backup just in case we hit the wrong button again.

7. Chimpcheng

:cry:

Okay, I'll do that then. :D

8. Buy/Sell/Swap facility (I think this has already been mentioned on certain threads).

9. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

my suggestion: enable the quick reply by default, and make the quick reply button a non-mandatory shortcut.

10. Topher

Topher allo!

Could we have a Classic MAP slimline skin like it was before Saz broke it. We have Classic MAP but not a slimline version. Cheers.

11. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Naked Asian Babes. It's a martial arts site after all?

edit: sorry, wrong site

12. Chimpcheng

Martial Arts games in the Arcade section. :D

13. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Is there any way we can get the Google search bar back on that we had before the crash? That would save you a job of adding all the words.

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Saz did that before and I'm not sure if its tied into something else so it may have to wait for her to sort.

15. Sackett

Sackett Valued Member

There is another website I spend quite a bit of time on (www.ravelry.com) that has some nice features. One in particular is that when you go to start a new thread, it automatically does a search of existing threads and suggest you look at those first.

And, maybe this is my ignorance, but I'd love a quick way to get to my buddies' recent posts. It's not the end of the world, but it's a pain to have to go through their profiles.

16. PaFF

PaFF Valued Member

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  17. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

There is a similar threads feature at the bottom of most threads (including this one).

I never use the buddy lists and I think a few vBulletin users are after is better integration of the feature.

Looks like we're getting a fair few suggestions now (which is good!). If you like one of the suggestions, please say so and I'll go off the most popular (if theres a few that look good I'll go for a poll on which one gets done first) :)

Cheers folks!

18. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

VBookie for MMA Events :D

19. Topher

Topher allo!

Some forums have THREAD STARTER under the posters username in any thread they start. It's useful for longer threads. Any chance of that?

20. Sackett

Sackett Valued Member

I think you might be on to something. If I used a real chunky wool and felted in layers, I bet I could get some good gloves going... Maybe stripey? I bet I could even weave in the TAGB logo and get passed the sparring-gear police... :)

Last edited: May 22, 2008