Introduction new member

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by JestaT, Apr 25, 2017.

1. JestaT

JestaT New Member

Hi all,

My name is Trent, I'm 37, currently studying Wing Chun for about 3 years now I started a while ago with Sifu Ian Prothro, I left his school after reaching l4 and Traning for 5 to train with his prodigy Sifu Jon Pool. I had to do all my grades again so I'm back at level 4 going to 5 and 6 this year I think. I've also done Budjikan for about 5-6 years when I was younger, some basic katrate, about a year of Krav. So I train full contact and I'm about 6.2 all the guys have to fight at the gradings and I'm lucky that I get to fight them all regardless of their level for their gradings, along with the other senior students, mainly because my technique is ok and I like to rumble.

I ate a hard one at Traning and then ate another one a week later at the grading in he same spot so I think I might have a fractured cheekbone or have cracked the root of my front tooth! That was about 3 weeks ago now, my face is still a little numb lol so hopefully I don't have permanent nerve damage. Anyway I stumbled across this forum and figured I'd join so I can share and learn more from others that have the same interests with full contact martial arts. I have private lessons with Sifu pool and train 4 times a week plus gym so I'm a pretty active guy these days. Currently haveing to take it easy as I've separated my abs at the gym and also torn two hernia in my guts from Traning too hard or lifting wrong I guess.. anyway nice to meet you and I look forward to hearing about your journey and sharing mine

2. JestaT

JestaT New Member

Oh and I'm in Brisbane Australia

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome to MAP :)

4. JestaT

JestaT New Member

Thanks Mitch

Thanks mate

5. kandi

kandi Valued Member