Experiences with Accupuncture.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Legless_Marine, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Legless_Marine

Legless_Marine Banned Banned

What does everyone think of accupuncture? What have your experiences been?

I've never liked the funny electric feeling it causes, but have found lately that it actually has some benefit in treating a particularly chronic fool muscle that I've had for some time.

At the clinic, I marvel at the experiences of others. There's one girl who giggles and then weeps when the accupuncture her. One guy has tourettes-like outbursts of cussing.

Anyone else have any noteworthy reactions to accupuncture?

2. bburns1066

bburns1066 Valued Member

I had 28 sessions of it for a leg injure, it helped but not much to be honest. After I had the sessions I would feel light headed. Not sure if it was the treatment or the herbs they give you afterwards.

I tell you one thing i like the massage you get afterwards and all the back cracks.

It's all good but a little pricey if you ask me.

3. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

I had a recurring hamstring injury for most of last year and in the end had a mix of acupuncture, massage and physio to help me. I found the experience of having needles placed in my leg daunting at first but it did seem to help .
    The injury seems to have healed up I know it was not healing on its own as it went 3 times after me "resting" it prior to the treatment.
    the feeling of the needle being manipulated made me want to have the "cuss effect" I must add.
    from my experience ...limited ...I think it works ..

Good luck with the rehab :) :Angel:

4. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

let's see... if been to acupunture on and off for 10 years...
    i've gone for: pulled muscles, dislocated shoulder pain, hyper-extended elbows, recovery from knee surgery, hemotoma in my thigh (damn shin kicks), jammed thumbs, sprained ankles, general traiing fatigue...etc...

the doc thought I was an idiot for fighting.. thought it was tooo hard on the body. he would occasionally lecture me a bit..

i had taditional AP and one with current (forgot the name) where he would give me a little dial hooked up to a 9-volt and run pulsing current through my hamstrings, back, and sometimes arms....

i thought it was hogwash when i started but had great benefits with my day job at siemens at the time... so i kept with it.... got hooked....
    definatly saw improvment... not Chiropractic or drug based instant relief but a clear improvement faster than when I have gone without treatment.. big time...

my opinion is that alternative medicine and western medicine both have thier places... i would not rely on either alone.. i have seen people who are about to have thier vertabrae fused by the western doc do yoga & chiropractic and be fine.. eventually doing bridges in yoga class...

i've also known a chiropractor that had facial surgery after a fight w/ no anesthetic.. had his AP guy come in and "numb" the area with needles...
    then again this same guy got two root canals with NOTHING.. no gas of novicaine...crazy as hell if you ask me...

give it three months is my recomendation and make up your own mind....