Wanna cross train in muay thai- thoughts on this school?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Smaug97, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Smaug97

Smaug97 Valued Member

http://extrememmasurrey.co.uk/classes/
    Wanna train muay thai to compliment my jiu jutsu, this school is a 20 minute/half hour train journey from me and also does bjj should i be so inclined although the muay thai is going to be my focus- what do you guys think of this place?

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Honestly? I wouldn't

Neither has a Muay Thai pedigree, so you won't be learning muay thai

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

These two quotes would make me think twice about training there. I probably wouldn't recommend it mate. I'm sure there are more qualified places.

4. Smaug97

Smaug97 Valued Member

I was thinking that seemed a bit suspect- only other local ish option is in crawley but I'm not sure about the journey

5. Smaug97

Smaug97 Valued Member

6. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Second gym by far!

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Oh hell yes!

8. Smaug97

Smaug97 Valued Member

Crawley it is then i'll give them a try

9. Smaug97

Smaug97 Valued Member

Tried the guys in crawley out- missed the intro session but they were able to get a trainer to give me a 1 to 1 which i thought was good of them- I've yet to go to a proper class and won't be sparring for a while but from the intro session it seems like a good school- very different to my other school but i like it

10. bigreddog

bigreddog Valued Member

Where in surrey are you Smaug?

11. Smaug97

Smaug97 Valued Member

North of Gatwick :)

12. bigreddog

bigreddog Valued Member

Oh, OK - I know some places further west, but if you are starting from there, go with the one in Crawley

13. Smaug97

Smaug97 Valued Member

So- as a rather delayed conclusion- after minor financial difficulties and a job change i finally got down for a class- definitely going to train there in the future good atmosphere good training and it wasn't actually that hard to get to either.

14. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Well done! How was it? What class was it? Muay Thai?

15. Smaug97

Smaug97 Valued Member

Yup muay thai- exhausting but really fun bit of an information dump but i think i picked it up incredibly quickly (being quite lanky i think I take to striking a lot more than throwing people )