What was the last movie you watched ....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Guvnor, Sep 23, 2009.

1. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

The place beyond the pines - I really enjoyed this. Didn't know much of what to expect going in. Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper both were great Gosling played a similar character to the one in Drive but this time he was a stuntman on a bike robbing banks. I didn't recognise Bradley Cooper at first and his character transformation was good. The movie follows different characters and their stories and goes on to the next generation. Bank robberies, corrupt cops, troubled youth. Would highly recommend 8/10.
    [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KepnbJT5nBw[/ame]

2. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

The Place Beyond the Pines - We watched about half that and my girlfriend said it was just too miserable, so we stopped it! I thought it was way too similar to Drive and couldn't be bothered to finish it on my own. I did think it was better than Drive though, I just didn't need to see Drive again in a different setting.

3. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Depends on where you got. The first part was based around Ryan. Second around Bradley Cooper and the third was all. About drugs and parties and their 2 kids.

4. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Clearly not far enough. :p

Like I said, I did enjoy it though. I'll give it another try.

5. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

No, a much dumber Lucy. I can't stress it enough.

6. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Godzilla - A waste of two hours of your time on this earth. Avoid this like the plague. The story centres around two muto??? (Creatures) I believe they are called. A male and a female that live off of radiation and devour nuclear missiles and waste like the planet was all of a sudden running out of them, normally I would consider this good activity but apparently ridding the world of nuclear devices and radiation also means living with creatures that constantly release EMP blasts that threaten to send mankind back to the stone age. You get enough of an insight into the creatures via the pedestrian narrative but your never in awe of them.

1 hour in enter Godzilla!!!!! Yeah, woohoo! yeahha! Actually no that’s not right, you kind of see his back. 1hr 30m yehaa, the God-Zilla is going to fight the two muto yeahhhhhhh! Come on Godzilla!!! Actually wait, it’s impossible to see Godzilla through the darkness and the fight scene that you can kinda make out is worse than Pacific Rim’s. 1hr 50m.

The end – you get to see Godzilla in all of his majesty. All 20 seconds worth.

I can’t get the time back but I would save you from this travesty. 4/10

Baza

7. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Sharknado.

Best laugh I've had since I watch the Lego Movie. Possibly more so.

Also one of the only films you don't need to hear what they're saying to find it funny.

Terrible, terrible film.

8. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

loved it. Ghost Shark 2 is on my list.

Baza

9. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

Tom Yum Goong 2
    BORING!!!!! Its hard to believe that this is man who brought us Ong Bak and the first Tom Yum Goong. Bad film angles, boring fight scenes and RZA attempting to make us believe that he can be a movie fighter.
    2/10

Man of Tai Chi.
    This is a pretty good movie, the fight scenes are great the story line is something you have seen a thousand times but it works to link the action. The only problem is that they bring in Iko Uwais and then barely use him instead having Tiger face Keanu Reeves:bang: Incomprehensible!!!!!!

8/10

10. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Noah. ... Don't bother.

11. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I can see where you are coming from. However, to be fair, the original Godzilla was dark n gritty and hardly had any Godzilla in it either.

I agree though that the MUTO were rather uninspiring.

That being said, I loved the movie.

12. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Logged in to write up a review of this film today, having only just sat thru it last night, only to find that pretty much my exact thoughts and feelings, had already been put forward by another...

...Couldn't agree more Rhythmkiller - What an absolute bucket Poo this film turned out to be!

Travess

13. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Scott Pilgrim.

Still hilariously fun to watch even though I've watched it about ten times. :D

14. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

They had to create new monsters because they didn't have the rights to any of the other Toho classic monsters other than Godzilla.

They have however now got the rights to Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah for the sequals!!

Godzilla hardly appears in most of his movies, he's either the destroyer or saviour that turns up part way through and then the end of most of them!

15. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

I thought it was an excellent reboot of the franchise, but then I'm a big Godzilla fan and have all 30 of the other movies!!

16. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

"The Life of Pi"
    I never read the book so I didn't know what to expect. It's a very well made movie. I was completely drawn into the story, just like the Canadian listener was, and also like him I too preferred the story with the tiger. :)

17. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

Expqndables 3. What to say? It's exactly what you would expect, same as the last two... Ronda, don't quit your day job.

18. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Deliver Us From Evil. Eric Bana plays an NYPD spec-ops detective who enlists the help of a priest to investigate a series of bizarre happenings with a supernatural twist. Dark, gritty story with good acting and well-made action scenes, this is a surprisingly good film. Better than much of the religious horror that has been released in the past few years. Based on the real-life cases of a cop, apparently. 8/10

19. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Captain America - The Winter Soldier.

Not Bad, but not great either. Having really enjoyed the first one, I had high hopes for this and was quite looking forward to it. Truth be told was slightly disappointed. Not that the film was bad, but the story lacked something, it just felt too pedestrian; your stereotypical superhero tale if you will.

It's hard to fault the action, special effects, and the performances are decent. Falcon was a nice surprise, but otherwise lacked that bit of something extra for me. 6.5/10

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  20. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

"The Raven" - Fictionalized account of the last days of Edgar Alan Poe with John Kusack and was actually quite enjoyable. Not a classic, but a solid enough watch