Hitting a women in self defence?

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Yukimushu, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

When do you feel it is right to strike a woman in self defence?

Me being a guy, naturally i don't like the idea of hitting a woman, but if she were attacking me, be it nails, slapping me etc i feel i would have to do something about it if i felt in any danger.

Would just like your thoughts on the subject because it is a touchy one... Especially when taken to court.

Any female MAP members input/opinions/past experiances are definatly encouraged.

2. TigerAnsTKDLove

TigerAnsTKDLove Ex-TKD'er 2005.

hey yukimushu! i think if a women is attacking you its ok to strike in self-defense. but last year when i got hit by steve it was wrong... you shouldn't strike or hit a girl for no reason unless your life is being threatened. some guys don't care and will hit a girl which is pathetically wrong. steve learned his lesson when my brother beat his ass the next day....

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Personally I think if a women is attacking someone (male or female) she should expect to get some back, and not be let off simply because she's a women. The right time to attack them would be when you feel your in real danger of being hurt. Use as little force as nessecary. If a girl slaps you, there's little point in battering her senseless, and the police would take a dim view of it too. If she's trying to claw your eyes out with her nails, then yes, you need to take some action.

There's been threads on this in the past, do a quick search and have a read through them.

4. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

The second she hits me, it's on. Closed fist, right to the face. I don't go for any of that "Good job *pat on the back*" stuff. :p

PL

5. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Some people will prefer to restrain a woman, some may prefer to strike...

I personally would do what needs to be done depending on the situation.

6. Jim

Jim New Member

I always am a fan of the face slap. It's really underrated in de-escalating a situation, be it male or female.

7. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

lol also very embarrassing to the recipient :)

8. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

A perfectly executed slap can be painful, humiliating and leaves no permanent damage, plus it makes you look very macho...

9. estranged13

estranged13 ex video game freak

my only comment is in todays society it should work both ways, it should be increabbly wrong for a woman to hit a guy or vise versa.

10. Jim

Jim New Member

Tp100, I try and make it look as much 'un macho' as possible. This adds even further to the embarassment to the recipient... :D

11. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Hehe :D Im gunna have to practice that tomorrow on my bag in the garage lol :)

12. toothpaste100

The effect of a slap can also be magnified by a quick purse-whip followup.

13. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Ehh... I personally wouldn't want try to restrain her. She could say you were trying to rape her. Of course, she could claim you were trying to beat/kill her if you strike her. But, I'd rather go to jail a woman beater than a rapist.

PL

14. Jim

Jim New Member

PL, been there and got the T-shirt. That very thing happened to me! I managed (after a bloody long time) to clear everything up - I showed that she tried to blackmail me by asking me to pay her $500 to drop the case.

Restraining is effective but (particularly with women) hard to maintain because of the frenzy it can cause. Give way to your panic when restrained and although you do yourself damage you make it VERY hard for the restrainer to hold you.

15. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Very much so. Would you run to the police saying "ooh, that nasty man with the limp wrists slapped me and it stings"?

Though not :D

16. toothpaste100

Imagine what someone would think if you took an attacking woman to guard position?

17. aml01_ph

aml01_ph Urrgggh...

Heck! Never underestimate a woman.

18. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

The point is, what's the object of any fight? The object is to stop the fight, whether it's by "winning" or by getting away. Many women will hit a guy just for the shock value, whether it's a slap or a whack. Not many women will go all out to cause damage like guys do. Therefore, it's much easier to "stop" her.

So how do you "win" against a woman? Women are more natural talkers, so it's probably easier to de-escalate the situation by continuing to talk. I agree about the restraint thing... it's easier to restrain a woman but then her survival instincts will take over and even some witnesses could claim you tried to rape her. Better to keep your distance. One of the first things they teach security guards is if you have to physically control a woman, spin her around and put your hands on her shoulders/back.

I think a well placed hit or a good shove would work. The blunt truth is many women, while getting aggro themselves, just don't expect to get hurt. If a guy goes at you he will be ready to take a couple of shots on the way, but in many situations, giving the attacking woman a good shove will make her think again. Most women throw a punch like they throw a ball - badly. Hit the inside of her forearm with your man hand and that'll do the job.

When would a woman attack you to cause real damage? there's less of a pack mentality with women like there is with men... yeah, a female bystander might give you a kick when her guy friends are trying to beat you up - in that case break her nose, she deserves it. Otherwise... how many lone female muggers are there? If you've cheated on your girlfriend and she gives you a slap, take your medicine like a man.

BTW - none of the above refer to the 'punk' women who get in trouble - you know, the ones where you're walking with her down the street and she yells at the five guys at the corner "whaddya looking at... my boyfriend will ****ing kick your a**."

19. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

Hehe, punk women....i have thme all over the place where i live...and i dont like them....

personally i can see restraining women as a better option, but yes, people can say you were trying to rape her...and yes, i think a good shove can actually work quite well. Take the sting out of them, so to speak.

20. Epsilon

Epsilon New Member

At all cost, I would prefer to use a submission hold if a women attacked me. If worst comes to worst I will hit a women if she has the intent to kill me, or to harm others. Actually, I will think of other ways of not getting into a fight with a women I would try to talk her down, ask her out on a date, or even tell her that "I like it when women beat me, it turns me on!" and hopefully that she laughs at you and calls you" pathetic", "a waste of time" and walks away, or you got her number, this way this is a win, win situation.