looking for a new club near Leeds / Wakefield

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by joey1977, May 30, 2016.

1. joey1977

joey1977 New Member

Hi all,
    My son and I currently train with Chuldow family martial arts in Rothwell which I might add we thoroughly enjoy.

I was approached by our instructor on Saturday who is more than impressed by my sons ability, strength and build. He suggested we found a more competitive club, possibly even an MMA club to train with as he believes he has a lot of potential.

can anybody recommend any decent competitive clubs near Leeds or Wakefield in the UK. We intend to look and try Sindrome MMA and Black Widow Taekwondo. Can anyone recommend a great Karate and Kick Boxing club for him to look at.

Many thanks
    Joey

2. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

You could try Leeds Karate Academy if you're interested in karate. http://www.lka.org.uk/Home - Matt Price certainly knows his way around international competition.

It won't help with MMA, though, if that's what your son is interested in. I'll have to leave recommendations for that to someone else.

3. Marku85

Marku85 Valued Member

It's quite far from you but Theres good wing Chun outside Manchester(Stockport), it's very focused on footwork and realistic martial art techniques , better than MMA in my own opinion.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Game fight bjj has a black belt teaching there and teach muay thai. Should get your son started quite well! :)

5. Pretty In Pink

lol.

6. Marku85

Marku85 Valued Member

Alternatively I would recommend goju ryu karate and even Hapkido has a good variety of techniques.

I knew you'd lol Chadderz :)

7. Pretty In Pink

I've done both man, I know the difference :p

To each their own.

8. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

+1 for the them.

Ive heard nothing but good things about them.

avt with UFC fighter and bjj blackbelt danny mitchell is another choice.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  9. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

The OP has asked for a competitive fighting club.

10. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I must say, props to the instructor.

11. Pretty In Pink

Agreed. Best of luck to your kid op!

12. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

This!^^^^^^

I am always baffled by how many times this happens in threads like this.

OP lays out what they want specifically, but people ignore it and post clubs that have nothing to do with what is asked for.

In the past it has been things like "I want to find a Traditional Chinese Martial Arts school." And people respond with " do "Judo or MMA." In this case it is the opposite.:confused::eek:

13. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

It's thai boxing rather than kickboxing, but Bad Company are excellent with great coaches and top ranked fighters.

http://www.badcompany.co.uk/class-timetable/