martial art movie from 94 I think

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by mike25, Apr 5, 2016.

1. mike25

mike25 New Member

Hi I was wondering if anyone out there could help me find this movie I saw this brutal Martial art movie around 1994 I recall I don;t recall the name or the stars but it was so dam violent there was a scene I think in a bar maybe where this guy was fighting a big guy with a beard I think he grabbed him buy the arm and kept twisting his arm until his bone popped out and then ripped his arm right off I looked up tons of martial art movies from the 90s and could not find this film.

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

American?
    Asian?
    Chinese?
    Japanese?

There was this one film, around very late 70's that had a similar scene, old bloke with a beard and a really shiny sword and cut the dude's arm off, in a bar/canteen place...there was a cowboy in the corner and he was firing at someone...or someone fired at him.

3. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

You're thinking of "Enter the Wookie".

4. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

5. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Hmm, a cowboy movie with a sword ... Ya, ya, I remember! Red Sun, with Charles Bronson as the cowboy outlaw! :D :jester: Early 70's, though.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

NO THEY BLOODY DID NOT!!!!

7. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Oh boy, it took me until this comment until I *finally* understood what was going on in this thread.
    I feel so dumb.

8. Mushroom

Well it can't be worse than it's semi-sequel "Game of Darth"

Back to the OP, (serious answer) if it's Hong Kong, he could be thinking of 'Story of Ricky-O" which is one of the most violent HK remake of a Japanese Manga.

9. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Only if the wookie is consenting.

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

*WINS THREAD*

11. mike25

mike25 New Member

from the 90s

I think this movie was American

12. mike25

mike25 New Member

This movie was from the 90s Im sure it was

This was a American movie the guy in the movie looked like the actor Jeff Speakmen but I don't think it was him he grabbed this guy and twisted his arm off until the bone popped right out it was very violent maybe it was a Action movie I think I might have saw it on show case maybe.

13. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

what was the story?

14. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Was it possibly one of the "American Ninja" sequels?

I've only seen a handful of them and I don't recall them being particularly violent, so it's probably not one of them...

15. Mushroom

I'm thinking it might be one of the Chuck's.

I'm also thinking about the time period. Might have to expand the thinking between 70-80s.
    Although if it was American, chances are it was a Canon Films production.

16. mike25

mike25 New Member

movie

I think it was about gangsters or drug dealers I recall this again guy in it with a goatee that was wearing black no knuckle gloves in it its driving me nuts I cant find it anywhere I just don't recall the name unless it was a Action film

17. mike25

mike25 New Member

Can anyone out there help me find this movie I saw back in 94 I'm not sure if it was from that year but that's when I saw it. This fight serene I think in a nightclub maybe where this martial art guy who kind of looked like Jeff Speakmen not sure if it was him took this big guy by the arm and kept twisting his arm until the bone popped out then ripped it right off it was gory as hell I'm not sure if it was a Martial art film or a Action film but I remember this part so dam well I just cant find any movie like that online it must be out there.

I think the movie was about drug dealers or Asian mafia

It might have been on showcase at the time not sure it was very gory and disturbing for a martial arts film I think at the end this Asian gangster got his head blown off with a shot gun.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2016