Changing of the Guard

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Mitch, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Our more observant members will have noticed that Simon and I are now showing in purple, meaning that we have become Admins for MAP.

There's a little bit more to it than that though, so pull up a chair and I'll tell you a story. Many years ago there was a stone egg. The elements worked upon the egg and out of it hatched MAP. The nature of MAP was irrepressible!

Or rather, MAP was founded by a group of people, most of whom have now left the site. Changes in life, career, training etc mean that people move on.

They handed the baton to Aegis and Saz, who have run MAP for a number of years now. We don't often see it, but as MAP glides along, swan-like, there are big webbed feet paddling like mad below the surface, and those big webbed feet belong to Aegis and Saz. Not that they're from Lincolnshire, you understand.

Aegis is now increasingly busy in real life, and hasn't got the time to devote to the site, and Saz is busy and no longer able to train. She's basically been keeping the place running as a favour to us all.

So Aegis has decided to step down, and has in turn passed the site on to Simon and I to own and run. I love MAP, and have been here for ages, and you all know how much input and effort Simon puts into the place.

Aegis and Saz have agreed to stay on for a while to get us through any teething troubles as we learn our way around.

What does this mean for you?

Well, apart from it being compulsory to wear a Bruce Lee t-shirt and deliver three high spinning kicks before posting, not much.

Simon and I have no plans to change the nature of MAP; "The core purpose of the Martial Arts Planet (MAP) community is to bring people together for the purpose of the friendly exchange of information relating to the study of the Martial Arts and associated topics." That's why we came here in the first place, and that's how we want it to continue.

I want to say thanks to Aegis and Saz for the opportunity, and for all their incredible and continuing work to make MAP what it is.

Fun times ahead folks :)

Mitch

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

That big button that says "do not touch". What does it do?

3. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Can we write curses yet?

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

So no changes at all for me then.....

5. Hannibal

Hexes dear boy hexes...please use the correct terms when applying the Dark Arts

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

you, sir, are a square.

7. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Nice geometry pun! :D

8. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i consider it more of a miniature wargaming pun, actually :p

9. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Well done gents on uptaking the mantle ..

Thanks to Sarah and Ian for their long term commitment..

Onwards and upwards comrades...or downwards if you are doing a throw !!!

Smurf

10. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Oi!

11. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Good luck to Sarah & Ian. Congratulations Simon & Paul on your new acquisition. I have no doubt you guys have the sites best interests at heart. May it forever thrive under your reign.

12. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Oh bugger.

So what drunken night out did this bright idea spring from?

Another of Mitch's spandex parties?

:Aegis:

:D

Congrats gents.

13. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Cheers and good luck.

As someone who frequents this community a lot without actually providing anything of use (other than charm, wit and eloquence ;) ) it's easy to forget that it's actual people with actual lives that keep this place standing. Cheers for maintaining this bit of cyberspace for us all to frolic about in :)

14. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

15. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Welcome to our new lords of MAP. In honour of ruling your own little corner of the internet have some MOD cats to go with your MOD hats.

[​IMG]

16. Hannibal

17. ned

ned Valued Member

Congrats to you both Simon and Mitch - MAP is in safe hands !

Attached Files:

18. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

First you must learn to write cursive :p

oh, I might get in trouble :saz: :Aegis: :thinking: :Simon: :Mitch:

19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Good work fellas.
    MAP has been so influential on on my martial arts outlook (and beyond to be honest).
    Long may it continue under out new overlor....erm...leaders.

20. armanox

armanox Kick this Ginger...

I, for one, welcome our new, head kicking overlords.

And I would like to thank them for keeping this place running so smoothly for so long, and putting up with all the nightmares that come with administering websites and such.

Now, is that per post, or for new users before there initial post (which would be great for cutting down spammers and some trolls, or for all incumbent users to do once as well for the new administration or what?