Kickboxing champion, 14, dies in hospital after collapsing during 'unregulated fight

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Unreal Combat, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Article Link

Didn't know Scott, or his family, personally. Have seen them at a few shows before and hang around the same circles. My girlfriend Ruth fought his sister Heather last September also, which was the last time we saw him. Cause of death is currently unknown but such a tragedy for combat sports to lose an obviously talented lad who was so young and still had a lot to give the sport.

If anyone wishes to donate to the Just Giving Page to help support the family the link is below. It won't bring their son back but it will help them with any financial struggles in regards to funeral expenses etc.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/ScottMarsden?utm_id=106&utm_term=mdneVq8zb

There will no doubt be a lot of questions asked about the nature of his grievous injury due to his age. It's important to remember to respect his family at a difficult time though. So please keep any related discussion respectful as MAP is a highly regarded site. I have posted this here to help raise awareness of the risks of full contact fighting at a young age and to obviously assist in raising some money for his family suffering from such a tragedy.

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Aw man.

Condonlences to the family.

3. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Sad news ..

4. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Was just reading about this earlier - 14 is no age to go at all, no matter what the circumstances.

Thoughts to his family.

Travess

5. Agoge

Agoge Valued Member

Everything about that story is sad!

Rest In Peace, young man and my sincerest condolences to his family and friends!

He was way too young!

6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Wow. That is ... too sad for words. :cry: RIP, young man.

7. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Sad to hear..

Heart goes out to his family and friends. Way to young to go like that.

8. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Incredibly sad. My son is just a year or so younger and this just guts me. RIP young man and condolences to his family.

Mitch

9. laurayu3

laurayu3 New Member

You really did a good thing.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  10. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Thank you.