Slothosaurus Training Log!

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by LemonSloth, Aug 28, 2013.

1. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Hear, hear! :) I've gone for days without updating because I get so busy doing stuff. :eek:

2. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Aw hell naw, you people are insane! :p

Haha, if only that was true. The compliment is appreciated though :).

Would you believe me if I said no? :whistle:

3. LemonSloth

22/11/14:

Saturday is my usual rest day anyway (read: day to spend the day with the missus). Did a few press ups, some stretches and some light shadow sparring but that was it.

=====

23/11/14:

Meant to go to the gym tonight but due to family circumstances that didn't happen. Did some wall assisted handstand holds (trying to build my confidence) and for a couple of hours, every time I changed youtube vids I got up and did a light set of press ups, hindu squats, ab wheel reps and an ab wheel pull up (on my knees, not from standing). Nothing too hard individually, but when most your vids are only a couple of minutes long...over a period of two hours...surprisingly taxing actually.

4. matveimediaarts

You say that like it's a bad thing! :p :evil::hat:

5. LemonSloth

24/11/14:

Trap bar farmers walks:
    w/ 55kg @ 7 x 30 metres.
    w/ 65kg @ 6 x 30 metres.
    w/ 75kg @ 5 x 30 metres.
    w/ 85kg @ 4 x 30 metres.
    w/ 95kg @ 3 x 30 metres.

Done over a 15 metre stretch (so double the deadlifts) and with as little rest as possible between runs and weights. By the end I was starting to take about 15 seconds to psych myself to do another run though between each 30 metre run :eek:.

...Aaaaand I am ashamed to admit it but I gave up there. Wanted to go all the way to 115kg but just didn't make it this time. My left hand was having real grip issues (getting a lot of pain in my two smallest fingers and tightness down my forearm) and on the last 30 metre run, I was starting to lose control with the 95kg walk and figured it was best to stop there. Feels like I have a trapped nerve somewhere. I had noticed yesterday my hands were hurting so I did a quick grip session with the CoC and on the second rep my left hand couldn't budge it at all. So not much of a surprise.

If it hadn't been for that then I reckon I could easily have made it. I'll give it a bit longer and if my suspicions are right I'll look at getting some more plates.

Fantastic grip training though, will definitely do it again.

Kickboxing technique work:
    20 minutes continuous.

Normally would have done bob & weave/shadow sparring but I just wasn't awake and alert enough to do it.

Gentle stretches.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to nerd and sleep, maybe not in that order.

6. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

Coooooooooooool

I hope your hand is ok

7. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Hate me now slothy?

8. matveimediaarts

Can you translate the intransitive verb "nerd" into American English for me, plz? :confused: :) ~hugs~

9. LemonSloth

It seems alright today buddy. Still not as strong as usual but much less painful. Definitely feels like a trapped nerve which has calmed down today a bit.

Nope, if anything I think I'm in love :love:.

Think "What Bill Gates does" but without the ridiculous amounts of money. :D

10. LemonSloth

25/11/14:

Swimming:
    300m breaststroke
    50m back stroke w/ just legs
    50m front crawl w/ just arms
    500m front crawl/breaststroke alternating.
    50m back stroke w/ just legs.
    50m front crawl w/ just arms.

That awkward moment when you arrive at the pool 15 minutes after you should have been there, worrying your timing is going to be out and yet somehow manage to get out of the pool bang on time having done the usual amount. :dunno:

OHP:
    w/ 45kg @ 4 x 10
    w/ 50kg @ 1 x 10

Quick mornin' presses be quick.

Quick stop at the gym tomorrow, probably a weighted walk and with a bit of luck some shadow boxing an' stuff as well tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

11. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Not on yer life...

man's gotta have a 'theme' playing on those ego-boosting occasions.

12. belltoller

watch the hamstrings
    I had something like that happen this week when I took the family on holiday to see mum. After an eight hour drive, I noticed I couldn't use my right hand just right - like this weakness in the clamping function - no pain, just an odd inablity to use the hand. The wife was worried I'd had a stroke or something.

Its gotten a little better but its a bit unnerving.

13. LemonSloth

Well, I didn't have "that" theme tune :p

...it was "Final Countdown" by Europe.

I suck at anthems :(.

Shifty beggars they are! One minute they're with you and then the next, poof! Taken your house and your family! :mad:

Point taken, they're holding up well at least ;).

Weird...I take it you've never found a cause or a reason? Maybe being sat in the same position for so long or something?

=====

Yeesh, today my body is weaker than a Lib Dem election manifesto.

I'll whinge later once I've done some more stuff, but I went to the gym. After 35 minutes of sheer fail, I had to throw in the towel.

Did have my first go at this weeks' challenge though. Made a 45kg DL with index fingers. Couldn't bring myself to go for 50 though.

14. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

i have a new found respect for these all round lifter guys. im gonna try mixed grip next time

15. belltoller

I'd started my log last week, had to curtail it due to the holiday trip ( that I'm still on ) - sitting in a hotel room, getting fat. I'ma hafta start the treadmill tomorrow - its a huge American eating-till-you-puke day.

16. matveimediaarts

Don't forget your body weight exercises, bro. Depending on the hotel room's size, you can probably get in some basic cardio. :cool::hat:

17. LemonSloth

So to add on from yesterday because I didn't get a chance to post properly last night:

OHP:
    w/ bar @ 1 x 10
    w/ 25kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 30kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 35kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 40kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 45kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 50kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 55kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 60kg @ 4 x 5

From the bar to 40 was all BTN. Up to 55 there were no breaks at all. First set of 60 was strict and the rest were push presses.

Index finger deadlifts:
    w/ bar @ 1 x 1
    w/ 25kg @ 1 x 1
    w/ 30kg @ 1 x 1
    w/ 35kg @ 1 x 1
    w/ 40kg @ 1 x 1
    w/ 45kg @ 1 x 1

Couldn't quite get 50. 50 for me was at that weight I know I could have held it but I had to get the bar moving first and for some reason my head just wasn't in it.

The rest of the time was diabolical. Started squatting and stopped at 30kg (!) because my left ankle and both my knees started screaming at me. Tried to use the ab wheel (bear in mind I still had DOMS from Sunday's wheel shenanigans) and on the fourth rep I swear it felt like my stomach was going to explode. Did a few chin ups but since I wasn't doing so well decided to stick to the machines. Literally EVERY single machine I touched I was getting a bit over half my usual weights and I was barely grinding out a couple of reps.

So after 35 minutes I just decided to throw in the towel.

Makiwara:
    18 minutes.

Alternating between upper and lower body every few minutes.

So yeah, this was going all well and good until the hook in the wall that mounts my became horribly bent out of shape and started coming out of the wall. That and the padding on the makiwara is starting to come undone and needs some repairs. :mad:

So then I thought "It's fine, I'll so some shadow sparring and such tonight and make up for lost training tonight!". No. Just no. My youngest was really unwell and needed looking after so I lost the evenings' training session as well.

And to top it all off, not only did I fail at making soup (!) but I also bought some "Spearmint chews"...and they weren't chewy! THEY WEREN'T CHEWY!!! *sobs uncontrollably*.

So yeah...yesterday was one of those days. *sigh*. Probably do a light round of sledgehammer swings and I have to do some shopping so that'll probably be a weighted walk. Also have kickboxing tonight which I'm mostly looking forward to.

18. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

The spearmint non-chews was the worst part :(
    Nice pressing and index deads though!

19. LemonSloth

I know! They made me so very sad :(

Thanks buddy :). Bit by bit I'm getting my strength back after my last shoulder injury and I'm actually fairly happy about them. The index deads I think I'll have another go at tonight, see if I can crack that 45kg barrier. Must remember for next time that index deads then trying to write is a pretty silly idea :p.

Quick update - no kickboxing tonight. :(. Oh life, why dost thou mocketh me so? Thou art a green eyed monster that loves her cuckold not and taunts the meat it feeds on! Strike thy claws from my soul and leave me broken not!

20. belltoller

Why...that's very good, Sloth! Is that yours? :cool:

Huh! Its 4:30 in the afternoon...I just finished... 1 desert ... waiting for the pains of acid reflux to subside enough so I can finsih off the pecan pie...I'ma gonna need a bigger hotel room.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014