[Capoeira] Capoeira History

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by dormindo, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I don't think specific groups were wiped out by apartheid though. And they are found in numerous countries in southern Africa. (Wiki says they are still the biggest group).

This:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_qgilAJi4U"]Zulu & Filipino Kali Stick Fighting - YouTube[/ame]

2. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

By the way, I want to make clear to everyone reading this (including the unnamed guests) that the things I'm mentioning here are not something that I came up with but are the result of academic research done by the likes of T.J. Desch Obi, Maya Talmon-Chvaicer, Thomas Holloway, John Thorton, Margaret Willson, Matthias Rohrig Assuncao and even several mestres of capoeira. Just want to make sure that credit goes where credit is due and that I'm not appearing to be making myself out to be the guru of capoeira history.

Oh, and Bozza, I agree wholeheartedly about the feeling of getting those stories about capoeira history when you're on the inside. I guess it'd be akin to having your Wing Chun teacher telling you about cranes and snakes fighting each other or something.

3. dormindo

Cool! Thanks, Zaad!

4. dormindo