Ilya Ilyin the greatest ever??

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by icefield, Nov 18, 2014.

1. icefield

icefield Valued Member

cracking finish to the under 105kg at the worlds, three men breaking the clean and jerk record one after the other and the snatch record falling
    Got to feel for Ruslan Nurudinov, he breaks both the snatch and the C and J world records and goes 6 for 6 and still only gets bronze, for those who dont know this was Ilyins first competition at 105kg, after missing his second lift he was in bronze place after both Ruslan Nurudinov and David Bedzhanyan broke the world record, to win He had to beat the clean and jerk record by 4 kg , video below
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJXs3WI7AMQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJXs3WI7AMQ[/ame]

The man has never been beaten in a competition, has won 4 world titles across three different weight categorises, and won two Olympic games golds and holds multiple world records across several weight categorises, maybe the best ever in the history of the sport?

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i remain convinced that his secret for that lift was combing his hair that morning :p

seriously though, i saw the vid of this like three days ago and i'm still awed at how he just went and did it with pretty much no set-up

3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

among the heavier weight categories he dominates.

i would have to say im a massive fan of the lightweights (Dimas, the chinese and turkish) but Illya really made the most miraculously win ive ever seen in weightlifting.

4. icefield

icefield Valued Member

The 105’s this year It was probably one of the best sporting competitions I have ever seen (not just weightlifting but sporting in general) A junior world record being broken in the snatch and almost the clean, the senior snatch record being broken and the clean and jerk record going three times in a row, then ilyin having to be the first man at that weight to lift over 240kg to keep his unbeaten run going…..it had it all (even banned drug cheats coming back and bombing out lol)

5. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

mindblowing

6. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

it's so weird to watch this and see people going crazy, like a football match.

7. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

...*picks up jaw off table*.

Wow.

8. seiken steve

to think i barely rack pulled 240 from above the knees, nearly blew my sphinkter out doing so and was sore for days, he picked 242 of the floor and put it above his head

9. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

"at some point in the future, you're gonna try to squat 300 pounds at the gym, and it's too much, and you're gonna blow out your sphincter, bro, in front of all these gym dudes. The paramedics have to cut your pants off, and it looks like you're casing sausage out of your butt." - Stan Smith, American Dad

10. seiken steve

"Stan Smith used to be my favorite character but then he couldnt squat 3 plates, now every time i watch it i want Rodger to slap him and do his wife" Mark, someone i train with.