Looking for best club in Bowling Green KY

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kabukifan1, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Kabukifan1

Kabukifan1 New Member

I am looking for the best traditional martial arts I can find in the Bowling Green area. I was hoping for karate, but I would be willing to try something else. I would appreciate any suggestions.

2. Kabukifan1

Kabukifan1 New Member

3. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

I am not a Karateka so take my opinion for what it's worth. It doesn't seem to be a bad school, but the videos they have aren't anything super impressive to me. I did google Marty Eubanks the instructor there, and a lot of things came up, including what looked like point fighting from 1989. So looks like he has been at it for a good while. Didn't see any obvious red flags on the searches. the school could be awesome, but the website is pretty bland IMHO. Here is some items from the "what we teach page":

Weapon training
    Bow, (archery! really unique for a karate school..:) heh - cuing EroSenin's "bo staff, bo staff" )
    Kama,
    Sai,
    Tonfa,
    Samurai sword,
    Nunchuka,
    Escrima sticks,

American Goju shoei
    Kick Boxing,
    Boxing,
    MMA,
    Grappling,
    Judo,

I guess it would be good to hear more about the Judo, MMA, grappling, etc. that is taught. There is some grappling on one of the videos on the site, so looks like there is some of it going on. But I don't really see that stuff on the schedule. But if you are just looking for real traditional training - that probably doesn't matter to you at all.

I quick google showed up this school too:

http://www.blackbeltinyou.com/williamsacademy/home.html

Not sure if it is what you are looking for, but they seem to have lots of different things there : JuJitsu, Tae Kwon Do, Krav Maga, and Kali. Seems to have a "tactical" focus with the carry classes, etc.

Sometimes schools offering a lot of different styles is a bad thing, sometimes good. No idea about this place. Doesn't seem to be very traditional in focus though - so might not be for you.

From reading between the lines on both school's websites, I'd not be surprised if there wasn't some rivalry between these schools.

I have no real idea about these places, but I was bored, and so tried to help. If I were you, I'd visit both schools and see what you think in person!

4. Kabukifan1

Kabukifan1 New Member

I also found a WTF taekwondo dojo nearby. Any advice?