FAQ - What is the best martial art for me?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by aikiwolfie, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Holy spam fail, Batman!

2. AmandaSimon

AmandaSimon New Member

It’s beyond thought that physical contending between two people has become one of the prominent sport in terms of technique. Yes, the MMA a complete action sport for intellectual and bodily reinforcement.

3. Dave Sing

Dave Sing New Member

Hi, I'm new here and recently just started to be more serious about MMA so I can fight someday. The best martial art is probably the one that our heart and body desire. I've always loved boxing but my body is too old for it so I went to MMA.

4. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

"MMA" as I know it includes boxing, so -- what do you mean that you're too old for boxing but you can do MMA? :confused:

5. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

He is too old to kick somones ****, but he is still able to submission them, maybe? :p

6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Still doesn't make sense if boxing is part of MMA -- which it is, as far as I know.

Anyway, I'm 45-1/2. I walked into a boxing gym 1-1/2 years ago (first of September) grossly out of shape. I worked and I worked and I worked, and this month I tested into the class for competitors -- the high-intensity, extreme workout class for people who actually want to compete in boxing. The other people in the class are mid-20's or younger. There's a 17-year-old in that class.

If I can keep up with them, anyone can keep up with them. :rolleyes: :dunno:

7. Scotsman

Scotsman New Member

I'm really interested in taking up martial arts. I'm a huge fan of Wing Chun. Is this style effective? I'm mostly interested in it for the health benefits, but I was reading the other day that Robert Downey Jr turned to Wing Chun to help him get his life back in order. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts about it.

8. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

See what's available in your area first and what firs with your schedule. Then pick an art you like the look of.

9. Marie Salgado

Marie Salgado Banned Banned

This is very informative. I'm lucky to stumble upon your post.

But how do I tell if the Martial Arts Club or Martial Arts Classes will be worth it? I've come across this site. If you don't mind, have any of you tried this one, (link removed)

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2018
  10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Begone spam (personal attack removed)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2018
  11. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod Note: and once again- to be perfectly clear.

Marie, you can ask about a specific class, but your link is just a search engine. People here can answer your question without it.

Hannibal, the proper response is not a personal attack, but to report it.

Come on guys, I just woke up and it's a holiday!
    :D

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Frankly I was amazed it wasn't a spam bot....didn't know you could insult a machine!

13. [QUOTE = "Simon, message: 1074384328, membre: 50690"] Excellent message, avec tous les liens au même endroit également. [/ QUOTE]
    Helloo all
    Je fais des vidéos d 'art martial mais malheureusement le sujet en question is explained in french
    Je vous invite tous à me suivre
    Pour moi le meilleur art martial n'existe pas car il dépend des teatchers
    Martial arts is my pation since à while and I read Bruce Lee thé tao of jet kune do
    (advertisement for channel deleted)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2020
  14. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod note: Welcome to MAP le philosophe martial! We do ask that you keep in line with our Terms of Service and post in English. This is an English language forum.

Also, I used translate on your post and another part of our Terms of service is that we do not allow using MAP to direct traffic to your other endeavors elsewhere. So, if you wish to advertise, please contact Mitch for our advertising rates. It is only fair that if you use MAP to direct traffic elsewhere, you help pay to keep MAP running.

Our terms of service can be found by clicking on the "terms and rules" button on the bottom right hand corner of every page. :)

15. [QUOTE = "Le philosophe martial, post: 1075064065, membre: 92777"] [QUOTE = "Simon, message: 1074384328, membre: 50690"] Excellent message, avec tous les privilèges au même endroit également. [/ CITATION]
    Helloo all
    Je fais des vidéos d'art martial mais malheureusement le sujet en question est expliqué en français
    Je vous invite tous à me suivre
    Pour moi le meilleur art martial n'existe pas car il dépend des teatchers
    Les arts martiaux sont ma passion depuis longtemps et j'ai lu Bruce Lee le tao de jet kune do
    Je vous invite tous à lire et profiter
    Voici ma Chanel Le philosophe martial ... Profitez et n'hésitez pas à aimer le commentaire ... Sudscribe ... [/ QUOTE]
    Réponses précédentes in english I don t
    [QUOTE = "aaradia, post: 1075064076, membre: 20299"] Note du mod: Bienvenue sur MAP le philosophe martial! Nous vous demandons de vous conformer à nos conditions d'utilisation et de publier en anglais. Il s'agit d'un forum en anglais.

De plus, j'ai utilisé la traduction sur votre message et une autre partie de nos conditions d'utilisation est que nous n'autorisons pas l'utilisation de MAP pour diriger le trafic vers vos autres efforts ailleurs. Donc, si vous souhaitez faire de la publicité, veuillez contacter Mitch pour nos tarifs publicitaires. Il est juste que si vous utilisez MAP pour diriger le trafic ailleurs, vous contribuez à payer pour que MAP continue de fonctionner.

Nos conditions de service peuvent être trouvées en cliquant sur le bouton "termes et règles" dans le coin inférieur droit de chaque page. :)
    [/CITATION]
    OK ok I didn t know
    Thx pour le rappel
    J'ai été traduit automatiquement de l'anglais au français sans raison.
    Et il continue: (((
    I don t know how to set this
    Sorry again