Wifi trouble.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ben Gash CLF, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I'm having trouble with my Wifi connection on my desktop. It connects to the network and says there's an excellent signal but frequently says there's no Internet, even if I'm sat connected to the Internet on my tablet. If it does say it's connected it's painfully slow to the point of uselessness, pages don't load properly or don't load at all. I can connect to Steam maybe half the time.
    I'm using Windows 7 on an installation less than 6 months old on a solid state drive, and I'm using Avast antivirus. I've changed my router, changed my Wifi adapter which worked for 2 days then became even worse, run endless scans to no avail.
    Anyone got any ideas?

2. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

I have a new laptop with Windows 10 and had similar problem at home - great signal, connected, but no internet. A friend of mine did a bit with the settings but to no avail. When my older laptop broke, I felt the need to do something about this one, I tried again, and suddenly it did work. Out of the blue. Maybe laptops feel intimidated by one another :D

...no sorry, I have no idea what to do with it. It's just that my electronic devices tend to do really strange things at times, so I sort of don't even attempt to get myself to understand them...

3. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

4. rickys

rickys New Member

Many times I have also, faced this issue but you can counter this by resetting TCP/IP this is the best way to solve this error. If you don't know how to correctly do this then check the 2nd method of Validedge on Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration 6 Ways to Fix Wi-Fi Doesn't have a Valid IP Configuration - ValidEdge or you can simply follow these steps:
    1. At first, open Command Prompt(admin).
    2. Then type these commands one by one
    netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ip reset
    3. After these steps close this window and restart your PC. I hope this will resolve this issue because this method had worked for me also.

5. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

If the above posters still have issues (over a year ago :D) I would add that you want to get a channel checker (you can get an app on android) if there are neighbouring wifi on the same channel it can interfere with your connection.

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I thought the thread said 'wife trouble'. :)

Travess and axelb like this.
  7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I tried rebooting.

Didn't work.

Damn I wish it came with instructions. :confused:

Travess and axelb like this.
  8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Have you tried upgrading to a newer model?

axelb and Simon like this.
  9. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

you can only boot them so many times before they hit back.

10. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

I did that! Wife 2.0 is much more stable with a lot fewer issues!

11. Nona

Nona New Member

Contact your internet service provider.may be wifi module won"t be supporting your pc.

12. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

I also did that and am now at wife 2.5, first attempt at upgrade failed before the upgrade was complete :D

axelb likes this.
  13. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I tried upgrading but I was still under contract with the previous model....
    I jest I jest

axelb and cloudz like this.
  14. petersmith69

petersmith69 New Member

i guess you should complain this to service provider.
    I faced similar kind of issue , tried all life hacks,but no luck.
    hope you get the solution to this.

15. Vellin_Boute

Vellin_Boute New Member

I think this problem is in your pc ….you should reset all your settings...and try again

16. Vellin_Boute

Vellin_Boute New Member

Upgrade your router firmware. Disable firewall.