What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Yep. Only differences are GoG doesn't have a dedicated overlay/client thingy, and their games are DRM free. If you like classic games its a great site.

2. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Ok. Yeah, there's a few old RPGs I'd like...Neverwinter Nights etc.

Is it possible to get the old C&C: Red Alert games? I'm still kicking myself for not buying that box set years back.

3. Southpaw535

I downloaded Dust: An Aleysian Tail from PS Plus earlier and I'm having a lot of fun. I can't remember the last time I played a side scroller or an indie game but this is really good. A quick browse of google also suggests I'm one of like 4 people who like your little side kick character. She is awesome. A little creepily furry, but still a funny, sarcastic, 4th wall breaking...fox...woman...thing.

4. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

If you like quirky sidekicks - have you ever tried Heavenly Sword?
    Really fun action game and the sidekick is just awesome; I totally fell in love with her, while nearly everyone else seem to hate her :D

Dust is one of the games on to-play-list, once I have a Ps4. Will probably be another year or so :-/

5. Southpaw535

I have not. That's worth a google!

Dust is on steam quite cheap

6. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Heavenly Sword is an awesome game. Very much under rated in my opinion.

7. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

red alert is freeware now, actually: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_&_Conquer:_Red_Alert#Freeware_release

edit: also, ahve you played the expansions for NwN? the second one is easily one of the best D&D pc games out there.

8. Bozza Bostik

Nice one. I'll have to pick them up. Spent way too many hours playing them when I was younger and willing to waste a few more!!

No. I think I have only played the original. No expansions and not even Neverwinter Nights 2. Which expansion is that? Wiki says there's 3.

9. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

My backlog of games is so big already, it might actually be good, that I can't play the game now lol
    And on the bright side: I have something to play on Ps4, when I get it, without paying extra for a while ;)

10. Fish Of Doom

hordes of the underdark. the first one (shadows of undrentide) is pretty cool, too, but hotu just blows it straight out of the water, nevermind the original, which isn't even fit to tie hotu's shoelaces. it's possibly the most "complete" D&D experience in videogame format, in terms of how much sheer material is in it, as it branches out into planescape territory, as well as having both the rgular setting and the underdark (very similarly to the baldur's gate series, in that respect; incidentally, that's another very awesome series, albeit based on second edition AD&D rather than 3.5). haven't played the last expansion, but i've heard it's pretty good. NwN 2 is very good too, but i massively prefer hotu, myself.

/nerd

11. Fish Of Doom

on my end, i gave in to nostalgia and got vampire: the masquerade: bloodlines on steam, so should be doing a playthrough eventually, once the patches and mods finish downloading.

12. Bozza Bostik

Cheers FoD. Is it available though?

Damn, I need a new PC...still.

13. Fish Of Doom

14. Bozza Bostik

15. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Just finished Game of Thrones on the 360, combat is not the best but the story (by George RR Martin no less) was amazing with some amazing twists which kept me playing, ending was..jaw dropping. Highly recommend it for any fans.

About to do a play through of Batman Arkham City as never finished it and want to get some more out of my Xbox before my move to the PS4.

16. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Ah cool, I wasn't sure about that one. How easy is the combat system to navigate through?

=====

Started playing The Evil Within last night. I'm only a little over an hour into it and I have to say I'm finding it horribly boring. I'm really hoping it's going to pick up soon or else I'm trading it in for Mario 3D world. At least then the kids will have a new game to play. Shame as when I saw the trailers I got really excited, but so far...just not living up to expectations.

Also downloaded Darksiders 2 yesterday as it was free to download. Looking forward to trying that one.

17. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I really hope it gets better, because that's one of the games on my radar and I want to get it at some point :D

I'm playing Tearaway on the Vita.
    And I really like it. Not exactly challenging, but a fun a kinda cute game, in which they utilized the features of the Vita rather nicely.

18. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

I'm still ploughing my way through Destiny, just waiting on Master Chief collection then i shall hybernate for the winter.

Baza

19. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Just got in from training and saw this..

Think Bioware IE dragons age/mass effect pause wheel type combat works pretty well and you can customise you class out of a series of options for both of your two characters who you take turns on chapters until later. Works well and pretty tactical and can go wrong easily, just not as pretty as say Dragons age as mostly weapon attacks and extra pyromancer or Direwolf attacks depending in which character. Graphics not the best but the story once you get a couple of chapters in is the best I have seen in a while, really cant say more as will have spoilers..

Cheers Dan

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  20. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Awesome stuff, I'll have to think about picking it up on the cheap at some point then and give it a go.

I'm only 1 1/2 hours into it and I don't really want to pick it up and play it again. It's not the gore or any sense of horror, I'm just finding the gameplay really slow and the story, though it feels like it should be pretty intense, still hasn't properly picked up yet.

Gonna stick it out a bit more, some games do take longer to become exciting to be fair.