Ernesto Presas, RIP

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by LabanB, Nov 1, 2010.

1. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

From a Facebook notification:

I just received a call from the Presas family. It is my sorrowful duty to announce to all Kombatan practitioners, all IPMAF members, and all my fellow FMA practitioners that Great Grandmaster Ernesto Amador Presas passed away in his sleep today in Manila (Nov. 1, 2010 in the Philippines, October 31 here in the States). I spoke with Mercy (Mrs. Presas). All she can say right now is that GGM's body will be brought back to Hinigaran. I will announce dates and times as funeral arrangements are made.

To my teacher, my mentor, and my friend, Thank you for all you've done for me, for our people, and for martial art practitioners the world over.

Alex(ander Bautista Bayot France)<

A loss to the FMA family, condolences to the Presas family from all at the Laban Baston Eskrima club.

Bill Lowery

2. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

My condolences to all!

3. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

This is sad news as GM Ernesto has made a massive contribution to the FMA. Condolences to family, students and friends. R.I.P.

4. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

And the loss of yet another great ledgend of the FMA. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Freinds and students. He will never be forgotten.

Pat O'Malley and family and all at Rapid Arnis International and the BCKEAI

5. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Tragic news, this. Best wishes to those he left behind. And a reminder to all of us not to let his teachings end with him.

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I echo the sentiments above.

Another sad loss to the FMA community.

7. pakarilusi

pakarilusi Valued Member

Condolences to the Presas Family. He was and will always remain a legend.

Let us remember and honour him by spreading the Martial Arts especially the Filipino Martial Arts with passion, strength and honour.

I am sure he is in a better place now.

RIP Master.