Islam and the cruelty of Halal. CAUTION, distressing scenes.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by GSHAMBROOKE, Oct 19, 2010.

1. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

I am a meat eater but there is something just wrong about this as far as i am concerned the only way to kill an animal is a bullet threw the head, quick and painless, this is not nice to watch.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7M4BlDGbf0"]YouTube - Islam and the cruelty of Halal. CAUTION, distressing scenes.[/ame]

2. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Why do both your thread title and the video single out Islam and halal slaughter, when Judaism's kosher slaughter and Seventh-Day Adventist methods are identical?

If humane treatment of animals being raised for consumption is your primary concern, I'd focus on the giant midwestern agri-farms that keep animals in inhumane conditions from birth to death. Not halal or kosher slaughter-houses that use a quick death from throat-slitting instead of an instant death from "stunning" cattle with a bolt gun.

Also, don't mistake seizures of a dying animal with conscious struggling:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kashrut

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  3. GSHAMBROOKE

My uncle is a farmer in Perth Western Australia and i have seen him shoot sheep in the head and cut its throat on a different occasion but you can believe what you want, i disagree with you.

4. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Dude, I know Gary pretty well, he dislikes ALL religions equally.

I'm positive he has nothing particular against Islam vs. Judiams vs. Christianity.

Actually most of Gary's rants have been against CHRISTIANITY and NOT Islam.

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

6. GSHAMBROOKE

If you were given the choice of method of execution between a bullet in the head or having your throat cut witch would you choose?

7. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I can't watch the video from here so how long does it take the animals to bleed out? I would of thought having your carotid and your jugular cut properly would be pretty quick

8. holyheadjch

Based on the evidence?

I'll take the blade thanks.

9. holyheadjch

Unconsciousness is achieved in seconds.

10. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Then I'd be pretty dandy with it it might look brutal but the normal concussion bolt things we use now aren't that pleasant if you think about it either.

Unless the guy shooting me was good and could sever the spine or something

11. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

I love animals.. that was disgusting.
    Nature made this earth not some god, what a bunch of complete morons any of the religions that cant grasp that fact, what are they damn aliens is that what they think NUTTERS.

If they think god made everything why they kill it?, their base beliefs are flawed its ridiculous all of them.

Bottom line, if you want to eat meat you kill it asap, like a bullet through the brain- instant. Why anybody would want to see something kick and desperately hold on to life like that - sick.
    Damned religious hypocrits its a damn joke all of them, they're ALL equaly insane full bloody stop

12. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

A bullet through the brain isn't necessarily instant. Blood flow will continue for some time, as will other autonomous reflexes. Also there may be parts of the brain left intact which could still be receiving pain signals.

You seem to feel very strongly about this. I'm just curious, why exactly should you kill animals in the fastest, most instant way possible? What is your compassion based on, since you seem to be putting great stock in your claim to atheism.

Not that I disagree about the killing of animals, though I'm probably less concerned about it than other issues, I'm just curious what it is exactly that fires up your outrage?

13. GSHAMBROOKE

I was not thinking about religion when nor was i having a dig at it just the way it was being done no one can convince me that the knife is quicker and less painful then the gun.

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Don't sheep get stunned before the gun/bolt/throat cut too?
    A big clamp on the head. That makes it more humane surely?
    From what I've seen the Halal killing of a cow is needlessly cruel. Killing animals to eat is bad as it is. Let's not make it any worse than it needs to be.

15. holyheadjch

My argument is that the science has shown that a bolt causes more suffering than bloodletting done well.

But don't let the evidence get in the way of your ranting.

16. GSHAMBROOKE

What that biased article from 1978!

17. holyheadjch

It's the only article I can find which quantifiably compared a bolt to a knife. And it doesn't show any clear bias that I can see.

18. GSHAMBROOKE

I say that because of the top heading, Mustaquin Islamic Art And Literature.

19. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

bravo bravo

[​IMG]

20. evojm72

evojm72 Valued Member

Best watch yourself GSHAMBROOKE daring to have an opinion will attract the ire numpties like Holyheadjch who never posts any threads of consequence/interest but sits on here ready to jump down the throat of anyone who might have a different opinion to him/her :mad:

Righteous Indignation Rules!